PDA

View Full Version : Featured Tank December 2010 "Dez"

Delphinus
12-05-2010, 02:41 AM
For December 2010 we are featuring Dez's amazing two-sided reef tank!

Please click on the picture below to check out his amazing setup.

Congratulations Dez, and thank you for sharing your system details with us!
http://www.canreef.com/ftotm/dec10/images/thumbs/_MG_7350.JPG (http://www.canreef.com/ftotm/dec10/)

reefwars
12-05-2010, 02:46 AM
congrats dez, your tank is very well deserving of this honor keep it up man:):) cheers:):)

kobelka
12-05-2010, 03:06 AM
I cant ever read anything that delphinius writes. Is it just me? Sorry the topic is dez' tank. It is absolutely amazing! Wish I could see it in person.

reefwars
12-05-2010, 03:20 AM
I cant ever read anything that delphinius writes. Is it just me?

pretty sure its just you lol:):)

The Grizz
12-05-2010, 04:15 AM
congrats Dez

kien
12-05-2010, 04:49 AM
I cant ever read anything that delphinius writes. Is it just me?

Don't worry, I can barely comprehend anything he tries to tell me in person! :lol:

Congrats dez! Keep on doin what you're doing 'cuz we all know you're doing it right! :D

Lance
12-05-2010, 05:29 AM
Congrats Dez! Beautiful tank and nice write-up. Well done!

The Grizz
12-05-2010, 06:17 AM
ABOSLUTLEY no offence to all of the previous TOTM and the current one but I was wondering why they are all SPS dominate tanks. There are many LPS/Softy tanks out there that are pretty sweet as well. And no I am not talking about mine because as far as it being an 8' tank it is really nothing special.

Just a question.....

Amazing system and big props to you DEZ you have a nack for the SPS wish I had the same luck.

MitchM
12-05-2010, 08:50 AM
Congratulations,Dez.
Very nice.:smile:

Mitch

lorenz0
12-05-2010, 09:43 AM
This tank has always impressed me. Well deserved Dez

hi-five

fishytime
12-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Well its about dang time!!!!!! congrats Dez.....very much overdue IMHO

Dez
12-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Thanks for all of the compliments everyone. And a high five back Laurier :). I am truly humbled by all of the other amazing reefs that I have seen in captivity. It is because of those reefs that I have been inspired. Thanks all again.

fishoholic
12-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Finally! See Dez we all knew you were worthy :mrgreen:

http://ct.iscute.com/graphics/wset16/congrats1.gif

ALang
12-05-2010, 03:13 PM
+1, Dez. When I grow up, I want to be just like you (and be able to grow a tank full of sps just like you!):biggrin:
Totally blew me away when I saw the tank in person. Pictures don't do it justice.
Lenny.

lastlight
12-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Great write-up man. Little bit of everything in there that was a fun read. Amazingly beautiful tank and like a few other TOTMs I've had to honour to see in person the pictures (no matter how nice) NEVER do them justice. Congrats!

wayner
12-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Dat a boy Dez!., awesome tank!

whatcaneyedo
12-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Great looking tank Dez. It was nice to have all of your information laid out on one page. I've tried reading through some of your tank journal but its just so long!

Dez
12-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Great looking tank Dez. It was nice to have all of your information laid out on one page. I've tried reading through some of your tank journal but its just so long!

Ha ha, I know. Tank journals always have mixed in rabbit trails and Brett's humour and other conversations that tend to make them long reads. I've wasted so much time at work reading other peoples journals but I just wanted all the details so some reads were 3 days long with one hour sessions here and there (cough cough.....Snappy's). Thanks again for the complements.

BlueTang<3
12-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Well done Dez but there is one problem i see in all of this where's the new guy. :wink:

Dez
12-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Well done Dez but there is one problem i see in all of this where's the new guy. :wink:

The Goldflake angel? He's in there. I did the write up beginning of Nov, before I got your old goldflake. He is doing well. Not picking on any coral and no one is fighting. I've got quite the fish load hey ;) ?

BlueTang<3
12-05-2010, 06:41 PM
The Goldflake angel? He's in there. I did the write up beginning of Nov, before I got your old goldflake. He is doing well. Not picking on any coral and no one is fighting. I've got quite the fish load hey ;) ?

Oh i missed that part. I was really relieved too see him go to a good home we were very upset to get rid of him but he had a taste for clams in our tank. I had gotten bobs tusk fish for a while and i think that set the tank over the bio load limit. Phosphates were on the way up slowly. There is a pretty find line between 0 and starting to rise. You must be on the verge of that limit.

Dez
12-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Oh i missed that part. I was really relieved too see him go to a good home we were very upset to get rid of him but he had a taste for clams in our tank. I had gotten bobs tusk fish for a while and i think that set the tank over the bio load limit. Phosphates were on the way up slowly. There is a pretty find line between 0 and starting to rise. You must be on the verge of that limit.

I really like him. He's the largest fish in our aquarium now. I have about 340 gallons of water volume so that's how I think I can get away with my fish load. Good for the corals I think. Thanks for the goldflake Wes ;)

Snappy
12-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Congrats Desmond, things are looking spectacular!

Dez
12-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Congrats Desmond, things are looking spectacular!

Thanks Greg. Your tank was one of the main aquariums encouraging me to go SPS dominant.

bignose
12-07-2010, 04:41 AM
Congrats Dez. Well deserved! I'm always amazed at your tank when I stop by.

earliris
12-07-2010, 05:38 AM
Congrats Dez! It's tanks like yours that inspire the rest of us!

ashr
01-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Wow.. great looking tank! I hope I can have something like this one day