PDA

View Full Version : How To Get A Wrasse Out!

NanoReef
12-04-2010, 06:29 PM
ok I have a 120 gallon reef and a few fish. a regal tang, a yellow tang, a pair of purple fire fish, and a 6 line wrasse... there is about 100 pounds of LR in it and the wrasse tends to stay hidden most of the time, but when he does come out, he picks on the fire fish... he has also killed one of the mandarins I had.. now is there any way for me to trap him to get him out of my tank?

reefwars
12-04-2010, 07:30 PM
ok I have a 120 gallon reef and a few fish. a regal tang, a yellow tang, a pair of purple fire fish, and a 6 line wrasse... there is about 100 pounds of LR in it and the wrasse tends to stay hidden most of the time, but when he does come out, he picks on the fire fish... he has also killed one of the mandarins I had.. now is there any way for me to trap him to get him out of my tank?

Not sure how well some fish traps work but i feel your pain lol I had to remove all my Rock to catch my wrasse and even then they are super fast at darting and the best jumpers out there lol :) good luck with your catch maybe trying in the dark when they are a little less hyper would work:):)

Madreefer
12-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Another person with a 6line wrasse problem? Try Googling bottle trap. Put a mirror in it as well. Easy to make and if your wrasse is'nt too leary of it than he should be easy to catch.