PDA

View Full Version : Very Hardy SPS

oupulino
12-04-2010, 02:55 AM
Hi i like ask a question about easy SPS for beginners which SPS you will recommended.I have few softy's couple of Hammers and Montipora cap corals are growing well recently I did DIY Led project and have much stronger light so I like to try some easy SPS corals.
What corals by your experience are (hardy) easy to keep for beginners I know Montipora Digitata are good for starters.What other SPS are good for beginners

kien
12-04-2010, 03:12 AM
I have found milleporas quite hardy.

whatcaneyedo
12-04-2010, 03:19 AM
Pavona, pocillopora and seriatopora, stylophora, porites and hydnophora (although some people consider that one an LPS) are all about as forgiving as montipora in my opinion. Acropora is the only SPS that has caused me grief in the past.

Cubeman
12-04-2010, 03:21 AM
I had a horn coral that grew very well under power compact lighting and then also flourished when moved under metal halides later. In fact with too much lighting it lost it's bright green colour and started to brown. It was one of the first corals in a new set-up and stood tall through all of my early mistakes.

oupulino
12-04-2010, 03:28 AM
I have LED light which I did my self is this matter you know DIY project so I like to try Hardest coral to see if will survive Im not pro with Saltwater Corals my level is beginner for SPS