PDA

View Full Version : new nano pic

Bob I
12-14-2003, 12:03 AM
Here's a picture of my 15 gallon nano under MH lighting. The lighting is a Rebuilt Coralife pendant system. The bulb is an older Aquiline Buschky (sp.) 175 W 10000K bulb. Although the lighting is far more intense, I am not impressed with the colors of the zoos. :frown:

http://members.shaw.ca/rcipema/nanomh.jpg

This is the same tank under 2X65W PC's , one 10000K and the other is actinic. The camera does not do it justice. The colours are much better, and the intensity is very good. I will not use the MH until I get a better bulb. :rolleyes:

http://members.shaw.ca/rcipema/nanopc.jpg

butters88
12-14-2003, 12:06 AM
Nice picture! :smile:
It makes your tank seem very brown though :confused: :eek:

Bob I
12-14-2003, 12:34 AM
I could not resist. Here is a picture from a greater distance showing the whole thing surrounded by other light fixtures :biggrin:

That would be a mini everything system. Mini sump (Aquaclear 200) Mini skimmer (Coralife air driven skimmer) Mini refugium (CPR 12" hang on refugium) Mini MH light (Coralife 175W pendant) Mini tank ( standard 15 gallon tank)

But is it mini cost??? I don't think so. Maybe I will calculate the retail cost sometime.

http://members.shaw.ca/rcipema/nanofull.jpg

LostMind
12-14-2003, 05:06 AM
looks like it needs some actinic supplementation?

I like the crispness the actinics give to the tank. They also make the zoa's look nicer.

Bob I
12-14-2003, 04:30 PM
looks like it needs some actinic supplementation?

I like the crispness the actinics give to the tank. They also make the zoa's look nicer.

Well that is not about to happen. In the first place there is no room above the tank for more lights. I am also not about to burn more electricity, so I will put my 2x65W pc light back on and see how that looks.

Samw
12-14-2003, 10:40 PM
I could not resist. Here is a picture from a greater distance showing the whole thing surrounded by other light fixtures :biggrin:

That would be a mini everything system. Mini sump (Aquaclear 200) Mini skimmer (Coralife air driven skimmer) Mini refugium (CPR 12" hang on refugium) Mini MH light (Coralife 175W pendant) Mini tank ( standard 15 gallon tank)

Looks great. I would like to know more about the refugium. Where did you get it? Price? What kind of lighting? Did it come with the refugium or did you have to DIY? Any more pics of the refugium? Thanks.

Bob I
12-15-2003, 12:01 AM
The refugium is a CPR 12" HOB unit. You will find pictures on the cprusa site.
The light did not come with it, I picked it up at a LFS. I think it was part of a tank top. I just put in a 15W 6500K screw in PC bulb :biggrin:

BCOrchidGuy
12-15-2003, 04:49 AM
Dont take this as the gospel but I understand that if you go with 14,000k bulb or even 20,000k you can do with out actinic.

Doug

Bob I
12-15-2003, 03:41 PM
Dont take this as the gospel but I understand that if you go with 14,000k bulb or even 20,000k you can do with out actinic.

Doug

I think you are quite right. The problem is that I am not willing to spend $100.00+ just to try it out. It is also interesting to note that Canadianreef states that the pictures on the site were taken under 10000K Mh lighting. My zoos don't look lke that at all under my MH 10000K light. :cry:

BCOrchidGuy
12-15-2003, 05:59 PM
When I had my first coralife MH unit I found the bulbs to burn yellow, then after a couple weeks I noticed they were a nice white blue. I've heard other people say they don't like the coralife bulbs. I wonder how much the quality of the light our bulbs produce is dependant on the age of the wiring etc in our home.

Doug

Bob I
12-16-2003, 01:01 AM
When I had my first coralife MH unit I found the bulbs to burn yellow, then after a couple weeks I noticed they were a nice white blue. I've heard other people say they don't like the coralife bulbs. I wonder how much the quality of the light our bulbs produce is dependant on the age of the wiring etc in our home.

Doug

My bulb is actually an A.Buschky 10000K bulb, and the age of wiring in our homes is not a factor. :neutral: