PDA

View Full Version : Rocks and Sand

butters88
12-13-2003, 09:22 PM
Hi there!
Does anyone have any LR or LS to sell? Or do you guys know where the best place to get LR or LS is? I'm just setting up a 50 gallon and I want to cycle it asap :lol:

BCOrchidGuy
12-13-2003, 11:33 PM
I find King Ed or J&L have good prices, you'll probably be able to get it for $5.99/lbs at King Ed and J&L will probably match the price.

butters88
12-13-2003, 11:38 PM
hm,...What type of LR is that price for? I just found out from buy and sell that Aquafanatics has a special for Fiji Live Premium Rock for $5,.. that seems pretty cheap,..... but is there a difference in quality of LR from differend LFS? and how come the Kanai LR is so cheap at J&L, is there a diff between that and Fiji LR? :confused: I have too many newbie questions :lol:

BCOrchidGuy
12-14-2003, 04:33 AM
The differences between live rock from one store to another are pretty slim if any at all. When your looking at live rock I like (personal opinion) to find rock that is porous and light, the heavier the rock the more you'll need to get the aquascaping done. If you had a brick or a porous rock that weighed the same, in my opinion the porous rock would be better, you'd have a larger peice to work with as well as more area for bacteria and small inverts and other life.

Doug