PDA

View Full Version : Rhino Plecostomus FS

Eb0la11
11-30-2010, 07:06 AM
Hello everyone,

I've finally been able to sell off all my live stock in my fresh water tank and go all salt water, but I am having a hard time parting with one fish. It's my Rhino Pleco. He's such a beautiful fish and Ive had him for 3 years.

He's quite rare, I never see them in fish stores and a quick google search also confirms they are rare. Also it would be an accomplishment to breed them in the aquarium so I am finally willing to part with him.

I would love whoever buys him to be open to giving me updates on him if I do contact them for one after the sale, but also someone who is experienced and has a tank suitable for him.

My price is $20 for the fish, which is a bargain for one of his size. (7-8").

Here is a pic, its not a very good one :redface:

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk158/Eb0la11/Photo62.jpg

ElGuappo
11-30-2010, 08:19 AM
i may be interested... i am currently breeding lemonspot bristlenose plecos in a seperate tank... the tank it would go into is only a 45 gallon bowfront but has a large chunk of drift wood and plants.... my only concern is that this pleco is too big for a planted tank... i dont want to be replanting things every time it moves... i have no issues giving you updates as i have a thread on this tank here in fresh water... the tank has be rescaped and more plants added since the last pic...

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68862

Eb0la11
11-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Hmmm, I am not sure either if he would be too big. He does slowly get bigger. He's not gigantic yet, around 8 inches, but I believe they can get 12-14" no problem. I've had him for 3 years though and he's only grown maybe another 1-2" in that time, so perhaps I have a smaller one (maybe female?). I am not sure.

Do you have any other freshwater tanks?

Eb0la11
12-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Bump.

ElGuappo I might let this guy go to you if I cant find a suitable owner. You still interested?

Eb0la11
12-14-2010, 12:50 AM
Bump. This is a rare fish guys. I'd like to find a buyer. New price: $15 for the Rhino Pleco.

I need him gone by the 21st of December cause I'll be leaving for Christmas.