PDA

View Full Version : Dosing system

ltay
12-13-2003, 10:47 AM
Where in Vancouver could I purchase a dosing system for automatic kalk fill-up ?

Aquattro
12-18-2003, 06:27 PM
Do you have a sump? Best bet (cheapest) is a jug connected to a float valve. Next is a bucket with makeup water and a powerhead on a timer. If you're wealthy, peristaltic dosing pumps can be used. Not sure where to get these, but jugs and float valves are available all over!

Kayleb
12-18-2003, 08:40 PM
This could be a stupid ?, but what does the powerhead and timer do?

Chad
12-18-2003, 08:58 PM
This could be a stupid ?, but what does the powerhead and timer do?

You use the PH to pump the water in and the timer to regulate how long it pumps it in for. like 4 seconds or whatever you work it out too.. or a minute etc etc.

Chad

Kayleb
12-18-2003, 10:30 PM
Oh I see, I thought maybe it was for keeping the kalk mixed, cause I allways notice a paste that settles in the bottom of my jug, I just use a gravity feed drip style I made from a 4L milk jug some airline tubeing
and a little plastic valve, I like the float valve set up. Any one know where to find an all plastic tank safe type

Chad
12-19-2003, 12:09 AM
Oh I see, I thought maybe it was for keeping the kalk mixed, cause I allways notice a paste that settles in the bottom of my jug,

This is a completely different subject.. ya.. you can use that to stir up the kalk, you don't want that pasty stuff in your tank. Just just want the nice clear fluid. You can make a Kalk mixer that also doses (auto topoff) your system.

Chad