PDA

View Full Version : Lionfish With A Seahorse

rokosd
11-29-2010, 05:16 AM
I was asked to share this photo with Canreefers to see what people think?! The Seahorse and Lionfish in this photo are in the same tank and have been since aquiring the Lionfish. They are in a 20Gal, mixed reef and fish tank. Please feel free to ask questions or comment on this photo.

Madreefer
11-29-2010, 05:26 AM
It's a joke right? Because it's wrong! First off the tank size is too small for any one of the two even if they were alone. Obviously no research was done on the seahorse either. Why? Well too much to mention. Sorry you wanted to know what people thought.

paddyob
11-29-2010, 05:33 AM
I think the purpose of this thread is to get reaction.

Seeing he is asking for comments... he knows what reaction it will get already.

naesco
11-29-2010, 10:36 PM
I think your pulling our fins!

Zoaelite
11-29-2010, 11:25 PM
I think your pulling our fins!

I haven't quite had my dolphinplasty yet, still taking hormones to get ready for the swap :lol:. This is like going onto a weight watching site and posting photos of fat people eating extra fattening food.

Please leave, kthxbai.

Zoaelite
11-29-2010, 11:26 PM
Oh wow please tell me this isn't all in your 20g:
Niger Trigger, Gold Strip Maroon Clownfish, Yellow Tang, Snowflake Eel, Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish, McCosker's Flasher Wrasse, Yellow Tail Damsel, Occelaris Clownfish, Algae Blenny, Black Seahorse, 2 Green Bubbletip Anenomes, 2 Cleaner Shrimp, Peppermint Shrimp, Pistol Shrimp, Yellow Watchman Goby, and Sand Dollar.
:neutral:.

sphelps
11-29-2010, 11:29 PM
Tanks a little small but the two a completely compatible, I should know...

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a174/sphelps/Sept%203%202008/DSC_1305.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a174/sphelps/Fish/June2010_2.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a174/sphelps/new%20tank/Jan%202010/Seahorse_2.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a174/sphelps/new%20tank/Jan%202010/Seahorse_5.jpg

CLICK FOR VIDEO (http://www.facebook.com/v/68286609531)

globaldesigns
11-29-2010, 11:40 PM
Wow, great pics Sphelps. Beautiful composition and color.

sorry a little off topic, but I had to say it.

dunl
11-30-2010, 12:04 AM
Tanks a little small but the two a completely compatible, I should know...

Everything is compatible when it is small.....but when that Volitan grows....

hound96
11-30-2010, 12:22 AM
its a fumanchu but still shouldnt be set up with that livestock

Flash
11-30-2010, 12:44 AM
pretty sure he has more then 1 tank people!

sphelps
11-30-2010, 02:04 AM
Everything is compatible when it is small.....but when that Volitan grows....
There is no volitan in those pictures, all are dwarfs

dunl
11-30-2010, 02:40 AM
its a fumanchu but still shouldnt be set up with that livestock

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a174/sphelps/Fish/June2010_2.jpg

Isn't that a volitan on the right?

Mandosh
11-30-2010, 02:46 AM
Zebra

reefwars
11-30-2010, 03:03 AM
pretty sure he has more then 1 tank people!

He does have more than tank , I know this guy and lots of people keep lions with small fish and other animals it all depends on the species and whatcthe small fish are.

Also no all the fish in his signature are in a different tank:):)

rokosd
11-30-2010, 05:49 AM
Yes peoples, I have 2 tanks with the livestock split accordingly. I have no problems with my tanks or livestock that I have and in which tank they are in. And actually tonight when I was feeding the 20Gal tank, the Seahorse wrapped around the Lionfish to help the Seahorse get food. I was a bit worried when I seen this but they actually got along really well and the Lionfish did not hurt the Seahorse in any way nor did it try to get away from the Seahorse or Seahorse try to get away from the Lionfish. I think that if either of them had a problem with the other, they would never be near each other, small tank or not, they would avoid each other at all costs. The Lionfish is ONLY eating frozen food. There is even a peppermint shrimp in this tank with them that the Lionfish can easily eat and has not. Maybe time will tell but for right now, no harm. I would have taken the peppermint shrimp out but i cannot catch him without destroying the tank and risking everything in that tank so I chose not to, sorry if you are offended by this.

And yes, shelps those are really nice pictures. I think people need to just relax and try new things. A Seahorse and a Lionfish yes, but a Seahorse with a shark?! Deffinately not. You can see why and the difference. Lionfish will only eat things they can get into their mouth in one shot and a shark will attack anything. This is not to put reason behind my choice but to put insight into this thread. I used logical thinking versus thoughts and opinions. The Lionfish cannot eat the Seahorse in one shot. I am in NO means a pro, nor would I ever say that I am. I am actually quite new to this hobby. Marine is extremely fascinating compared to the freshwater I have been around my whole life.

I am not mad at peoples opinions and I am always open to other peoples thoughts and opinions.

dunl
11-30-2010, 04:58 PM
I was asked to share this photo with Canreefers to see what people think?! The Seahorse and Lionfish in this photo are in the same tank and have been since aquiring the Lionfish. They are in a 20Gal, mixed reef and fish tank. Please feel free to ask questions or comment on this photo.

You posted the above info only. And in your last response, looks like you knew what responses you would receive, and understood it would be controversial.

Perhaps if you had explained things as well in your first post as you did in the last one, then you wouldn't have received those types of responses. But then again, as you didn't provide all the details in the first post, I can only assume that you wanted to cause a controversy. :D

fishoholic
12-01-2010, 12:57 AM
Have to admit when sphelps first showed pic.'s of his lionfish and seahorse together I thought he was crazy. Also thought that for sure the lion would eat the seahorse but that never happened and seeing pic.'s of how well they still get along together after all this time definitely changed my thinking.

I'd have to agree that a 20g is a bit small (not to bad but bigger is always better :mrgreen:) I do now believe that a lionfish and a seahorse can and will get along fine together.