PDA

View Full Version : Coralife super skimmer 65, not working properly??

kevNnic
11-28-2010, 04:29 PM
Hi guys, wasn't sure where to put this one,

Over the past couple weeks my skimmer had been acting weird, either making a million bubbles or no bubbles at all. Its not building up any skimmate at all. and there is a nasty layer of protein on the top of my tank, i am sumpless so the skimmer is sitting in my 65 gal display tank. It used to work fine and then all of a sudden quite pulling and skimate,

I just pulled it out last night inspected it and cleaned it all up. Still not working and its making a lot of little micro bubbles.

Anyone ever delt with this? how can i fix this?

Thanks in advance

Kevin :redface:

Delphinus
11-28-2010, 04:46 PM
I had the same problem with the CSS65 on a 20g. I never really did resolve the issue and in fact I have the same thing going with another needlwheel skimmer of a totally different brand. In end the CSS65 is *extremely* sensitive to water level changes (as little as 1/4" difference in the water level would be the difference between no bubbles and totally overflowing). If you don't have an ATO for your tank you could try that (find one that works for a sumpless system I guess, that's going to be your challenge) because you really need a water level that has zero fluctuation.

If that's not it though then I'm not sure what else to look at.. good luck!

kevNnic
11-28-2010, 04:53 PM
should i turn it off for a while and then start it up again? damn this thing. lol