PDA

View Full Version : What eats this

Ryanst
11-28-2010, 02:26 PM
I was wouldering what fish would eat this my tangs dont seem to like it much.
http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae171/Ryanst/algea2.jpg
http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae171/Ryanst/algea1.jpg
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ongquang21
11-28-2010, 03:07 PM
I am using hot water to kill it and any coral such as GSP that is growing out of control.

I'm doing this because:
Cheap.
Safe.
Available any time.

Take a long 1/4 inch flexible air tube.
One end to the bottom of the hot water container above the tank
Other end to the hard tube that will point to the target.
Run the hot water over the target closely, slowly and many times.

Try at the target in the most open area first until you get used to it then try it in other ones.

You can see the area you was missing in a couple days later. But they are tiny now and you can't miss them on the second time.

At first I felt don't like it since it is an awful and low to the earth Tech. But I love it after i got my hands worked well in a tight area.

BMW Rider
11-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Quite a while back I had a big briopsis problem. I finally erradicated it by a combination of manual removel and a Kole tang to clean up the rest. My yellow tang and a foxface would not touch it, but the kole loved it.

Ryanst
11-28-2010, 04:27 PM
OK thanks your the response. I will be trying manual removal, hot water and I might as well get a kole tang. lol

daniella3d
11-28-2010, 06:39 PM
Pacific turbo snails eat it like there is no tomorrow. When I first started my nano tank I had some and was letting it grow because I did not know better and I find it cute...then I got one turbo and the next day no more algae...all eated.

OK thanks your the response. I will be trying manual removal, hot water and I might as well get a kole tang. lol

madkeenreefer
11-28-2010, 08:34 PM
raise your mag up around 1500 and manual removal. briopsis is hard to beat

Madreefer
11-28-2010, 10:19 PM
raise your mag up around 1500 and manual removal. briopsis is hard to beat

Supposedly only works with Kent Magnesium