PDA

View Full Version : wtb: vortech mp10

riceboy
11-26-2010, 02:54 PM
hey everyone, i've decided to upgrade my powerheads to 1 or 2 mp10s let me know if you have 1 or 2 forsale.

thanks
victor

RedCoralLethbridge
11-26-2010, 03:09 PM
Talk to Kevin at Red Coral in Calgary!! He will be able to bring them in for you!!

TRS
11-26-2010, 03:38 PM
THE REEF SHOPPE has some in stock too. :razz:

Coleus
11-26-2010, 04:07 PM
hey everyone, i've decided to upgrade my powerheads to 1 or 2 mp10s let me know if you have 1 or 2 forsale.

thanks
victor

Last time i am at Red Coral, Kevin has one for sale at good price. $170 i think, check with him

riceboy
11-29-2010, 03:46 PM
went to red coral yesterday to pick up a couple of frags, and dumb me didn't ask kevin how much a new one was :lol: hopefully its 170 :lol:

Red Coral Aquariums
11-29-2010, 04:21 PM
went to red coral yesterday to pick up a couple of frags, and dumb me didn't ask kevin how much a new one was :lol: hopefully its 170 :lol:

New MP10WES $299

We have a used MP10W $170
Kevin

riceboy
11-29-2010, 04:47 PM
whats the difference b/w the mp10w and mp10wes?

globaldesigns
11-29-2010, 06:19 PM
whats the difference b/w the mp10w and mp10wes?

I have a MP40W and a MP40W ES... So hopefully they are somewhat the same for the MP10 models.

Besides the better controller, the ES is nicer, easier to use, better LED layout and functionality. Also the ES has some extra settings, I am not using, nor can I as I am synching it with the older model, so I lose things like the nutrient export, night, and a couple others.

I may even myself, get a newer driver for the older unit, so I can play with these new settings.

Hope this helps.

Hey Kevin, since you are on this thread, how much for a new MP40W ES Driver only? thanks.

Douglas
11-29-2010, 07:05 PM
This is the upgrade unit, for the 10 and the 40.

http://www.aquariumsupplies.ca/mp40-upgrade-p-5602.html

Reef-Geek
11-30-2010, 07:35 PM
I am looking for one too this Chrismas, the best price I find is from bigal, with 15% coupon off it is 220 cdn. If any one know some where sell it cheaper please let me know

riceboy
11-30-2010, 07:44 PM
where did you get the 15% of?

riceboy
11-30-2010, 07:44 PM
and is that for the mp10 wes or mp10 es or the mp10w

globaldesigns
11-30-2010, 07:57 PM
I don't believe Ecotech Marine actually promotes pulished discounts, and I do believe they discourage from that. They keep a tight control on the overall pricing to the public.

If you can get Big Al's to give you 15% off, then go for it, GOOD LUCK!

Personally, I would give Kevin @ Red Coral a call, he deserves our support as a great LFS!

Reef-Geek
11-30-2010, 07:59 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2csjmvr.jpg

there is 12% tax if ship to BC.

globaldesigns
11-30-2010, 11:04 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2csjmvr.jpg

there is 12% tax if ship to BC.

I am not disputing that you can get it, but take it while you can, as I don't think it will last long. 15% off on vortechs is a great deal!!!

You never see sales on these units, as Ecotech keeps tight control on things, and from what I understand from several LFS's, they are not allowed to promote/advertise a discount or sale. Now saying that, I have seen them give discounts, but remember they don't promote it. But again, maybe the LFS are just blowing smoke up my arse. :biggrin:

phi delt reefer
12-01-2010, 01:12 PM
I am not disputing that you can get it, but take it while you can, as I don't think it will last long. 15% off on vortechs is a great deal!!!

You never see sales on these units, as Ecotech keeps tight control on things, and from what I understand from several LFS's, they are not allowed to promote/advertise a discount or sale. Now saying that, I have seen them give discounts, but remember they don't promote it. But again, maybe the LFS are just blowing smoke up my arse. :biggrin:

this is true - ecotech has a MAP policy. Many US sites circumvent this by only showing the lower price once the item is added to the cart or have a generic x% off coupon which you just apply to the entire cart contents to get the discount.

</rant>
MP10es brand new can be shipped from the US for $200US to your door. Canadian pricing needs to be more in line with US pricing - I don't understand why i have to pay $60 more for the same pump plus taxes when there is no difference and the dollar has pretty much been at parity (less 10% at times) for the last FEW years (not weeks!)

Personally I blame the Canadian distributors for I am sure they have marked up the units so our local LFS's must sell them for more to turn a profit. (there is no duty on aquarium goods) Canadian distributors are NOTORIOUS price fixers and it only hurts the LFS for basic economic law stipulates people will go elsewhere if they can pay less. Germany is just as bad if not worse from what I hear. How do i know its the distributors and not the stores? Simple - look at JL Aquatics - everything they sell pretty much a dollar more expensive than the best prices in the US - the difference can be attributed to realistic dollar conversion rates. Only the Vortech pumps are not comparable to US prices so it must be an "outside" influence.

</end rant>

mike31154
12-01-2010, 05:07 PM
I have a MP40W and a MP40W ES... So hopefully they are somewhat the same for the MP10 models.

Besides the better controller, the ES is nicer, easier to use, better LED layout and functionality. Also the ES has some extra settings, I am not using, nor can I as I am synching it with the older model, so I lose things like the nutrient export, night, and a couple others.

Your MP40W is capable of night mode, you simply need to have the latest firmware for it. I'm not sure they have fixed the night mode time shift issue on the MP40W driver, but if you have the latest firmware on your W ES driver, you'll be able to control when night mode kicks in using it and the time shift will be a non issue.

Latest firmware version for the old W drivers is 2.2, for all new W ES drivers, regardless of model it's 1.6.