PDA

View Full Version : Help Have stupid question

imslow
12-12-2003, 05:25 AM
What is a nano tank???What do you need for a nano tank??What do you put in a nano tank??how much light do you need for a nano tank??what is a nano tank used for???

Buccaneer
12-12-2003, 05:27 AM
http://www.nano-reef.com/

BCOrchidGuy
12-13-2003, 05:43 AM
What is a nano tank?
A nano tank is a tank that is smaller than conventional tanks used for the same purpose. IE, a nano reef can be a 20 gallon tank or smaller (there is no governing body that specifies that a 20 is the maximum though)
What do you need for a nano tank?
The same things you need for any other tank for the same purpose.
What do you put in a nano tank?
Tons of money, labour, sweat, blood, tears, corals, invertebrates, (small fish if any fish)
How much light do you need for a nano tank.
It depends on what you want keep in it. If your choice is to keep deep water sponges you won't need tons of light, if how ever you decide to keep SPS corals then metal halide is your best bet.
What is a nano tank used for?
It's a pit you pour your money into and then sit back and watch what your money and hard work combine and hopefully meet or exceed your artistic interpretation of what you wanted. (mine alway seem to come out more on the Picaso side of art).
Look through the old messages, tank size, lighting, inhabitants here. It's a great resource.

Doug

StirCrazy
12-13-2003, 02:46 PM
I think the size of a Nano is up to the owner in reality. I consider my 25 a nano, but if you only have a 25 gal you might not concider it a nano. There is no difinitive size that makes a tank a nano but only guide lines and such. on this board we might say 20 gal or less on another board they might say 10 gal or less.

Nano's are usaly more of a chalange for good equipment (due to the lack of down sized reactors and good skimmers) but if they are small enuf there water quality can be controled by frequent water changes with out breaking the bank.

as for lighting you can do anything from NO lighting to MH lighting it all depends on what you want to do with your tank.

Steve

butters88
12-14-2003, 12:13 AM
What do you put in a nano tank?
Tons of money, labour, sweat, blood, tears, corals, invertebrates, (small fish if any fish)

What is a nano tank used for?
It's a pit you pour your money into and then sit back and watch what your money and hard work combine and hopefully meet or exceed your artistic interpretation of what you wanted. (mine alway seem to come out more on the Picaso side of art).

Doug

I agree :lol:

BCOrchidGuy
01-08-2004, 01:32 AM
By the way, that's not a stupid question.

Nano is just a small tank, but in reality it's open to your own interpretation as to what size is considered a nano.

Doug

Scavenger
01-08-2004, 05:55 PM
Well compaired to a natural reef, we all run nano tanks. :lol: imho