PDA

View Full Version : Zoa eating nudibranch.... :(

Jeff000
11-25-2010, 01:11 AM
How can I rid myself of these?

Taking zoas out and dipping isn't really an option at this point.

I've read flat worm exit at 4x the recommended dose will rid them, if I dose twice 2 weeks apart. But I am not sure if this will kill the rest of my tank. I have lots of inverts that would be impossible to remove.

Is there a fish or shrimp that will eat them?
I have a 6 line, but not sure if he eats anything.

I do know where they came from based on my purchase dates and the first and largest effected colony, but just be careful in your dipping and visual inspection for eggs.

Picture.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4129/5205688740_a5c49c05bf_b.jpg

kien
11-25-2010, 01:23 AM
About a year ago I noticed an infestation on my zoas. I started dipping and then manual removal with a turkey baster but they just kept coming back :(

Then I added a leopard wrasse and have not seen a nudi ever since. He cruises the zoa gardens and picks off pods and nudis without discrimination. Other small wrasses that are know to eat nudis are canary wrasses, Melanarus wrasses, fairy wrasses (solarensis), six line wrasse (although I would personally not recommend them to anyone).

Jeff000
11-25-2010, 01:41 AM
I have a 6 line, but it doesn't seem to eat them, or not enough of them anyways. Next time he ends up in my overflow I am going to trade him in I think.
I will see if I can find a leopard or fairy and give it a try.