PDA

View Full Version : A Nano is born!!

Scavenger
12-12-2003, 02:49 AM
Here I go on my first saltwater venture. l got water into my 20 gal nano tonight and a shrimp as its first inhabitent. OK so it's only a cocktail shrimp, but he won't be in there for long :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scavenger
12-12-2003, 07:51 PM
I just got back from buying my new lights. I just picked up a total of 3 24" 2x65watt power compact fixtures from a used office supply store. They came out of a newly renovated medical examination room. I will need to change the bulbs, but check out this price. $12 each!!!!! I rewired them in 5 minutes and they work great and punch down a lot of light with the polished aluminunm reflectors. I have one on my 20 gallon and it was as simple as removing the stock light from the stock canopy and sitting the new one on. It was a perfect fit. Yup, I'm a happy camper right now.

ftp://rkrijns:emimax@www.mapunlimited.com/httpdocs/Ken%20temp%20personal/lights.jpg

Son Of Skyline
12-12-2003, 08:09 PM
I will need to change the bulbs, but check out this price. $12 each!!!!!

Wow...great find! I wonder if we have a place like that here on the mainland. I could always use a good pc light for something.

TommDool
12-12-2003, 08:23 PM
I just got back from buying my new lights. I just picked up a total of 3 24" 2x65watt power compact fixtures from a used office supply store. .

where in Nanaimo did you get them? and are there any left?

Scavenger
12-12-2003, 08:27 PM
I just got back from buying my new lights. I just picked up a total of 3 24" 2x65watt power compact fixtures from a used office supply store. .

where in Nanaimo did you get them? and are there any left?

I found them at a place called Fixture City, but no I bought every one. Sorry :redface: I will put them all to good use though. (and I finally figured out how to add a picture see above)

StirCrazy
12-13-2003, 02:41 PM
nice score, if you find any more like that let me know.

Steve