PDA

View Full Version : anchoring coral

Fishguy52
11-20-2010, 03:02 PM
i am looking to find out how to anchored my colt coral cuttings to a good foundation for them grow well?

BlueTang<3
11-20-2010, 03:04 PM
Just drop them in a hole and they will attach really quick, within a day or two. Or you can use an elastic to hold the base onto the rock.

Fishguy52
11-20-2010, 03:32 PM
awesome! thanks blue tang

they are looking really good.... the one that stay where i put them the other little ones like to move around and look unhappy.

thank you again the finger leather is looking great in my tank

whatcaneyedo
11-20-2010, 04:39 PM
You can also tie them down with fishing line. If a rubber band is too tight it will slowly cut its way through soft corals. Fishing line solves that problem.

mattdean
11-20-2010, 04:55 PM
For future reference. When you have a coral that you can't glue, you can always put it in a glass jar/cup/container with small pieces of rock in the bottom for a few days. The coral will eventually attach itself to one or more of the rubble and then you can glue the rock where you want it. I just did that with a Yuma mushroom and mini carpet anemone.

You can put the container with the coral in the sump so there is less flow and the coral won't get blown off the rock.

Myka
11-20-2010, 05:08 PM
I find the easiest way for these types of corals is to roll some epoxy out in a worm shape, place the coral stem horizontal onto a frag plug, and use the epoxy to make an inverted U shape to "strap" the coral down.