PDA

View Full Version : ELOS Mg help

Dyspnea
11-19-2010, 11:06 PM
I just got some ELOS test kits, MG, DKH, Ca. The CA and DHK worked well no problems. However I have done the Mg test several times now and I'm having issues.

I'm following the directions properly, I added 30 drops of reagent A, until I get the greenish color, I added the 5 drops of reagent B, the small scoop of the powered. And here is where things alway go wrong it seems the color of my solution is a very dark green/nearly black which according to the directions should start with pink and change to blue. I've added up to 24 drop of)reagent D and there has been no color changes (which seems like a lot)

Can anyone help me, I'm I missing something or doing anything wrong? ELOS Mg also seems to have the most steps in a Mg test i've ever seen.

lastlight
11-19-2010, 11:19 PM
For the second part of the test you start with a totally FRESH 3mL of tank water =)

bkelly
11-19-2010, 11:21 PM
reagent B,C,D are added to a fresh vial of 3ml tank water not the vial with with 3ml of reagent A. then do the math.

Dyspnea
11-19-2010, 11:30 PM
OMG I can't find ant where on the direction where is says that.

Dyspnea
11-19-2010, 11:32 PM
Ok I see what its saying now. :redface:

Dyspnea
11-19-2010, 11:42 PM
My Mg is 1350 :)

Thanks for the help

bkelly
11-19-2010, 11:44 PM
yea good thing the A and B reagents arent excessively reactive, i always think that when i dump everything down the drain with lots of water...

Milad
11-19-2010, 11:52 PM
I just got some ELOS test kits, MG, DKH, Ca. The CA and DHK worked well no problems. However I have done the Mg test several times now and I'm having issues.

I'm following the directions properly, I added 30 drops of reagent A, until I get the greenish color, I added the 5 drops of reagent B, the small scoop of the powered. And here is where things alway go wrong it seems the color of my solution is a very dark green/nearly black which according to the directions should start with pink and change to blue. I've added up to 24 drop of)reagent D and there has been no color changes (which seems like a lot)

Can anyone help me, I'm I missing something or doing anything wrong? ELOS Mg also seems to have the most steps in a Mg test i've ever seen.

HAHAHAHA i did the same thing last week, the whole time Im thinking "this cant be right"

lastlight
11-20-2010, 12:00 AM
Open letter to Elos: I'm paying out the rear for your kit so gimme two test tubes so it's obvious two tests occur and more importantly I don't have to clean one in-between tests!

Dyspnea
11-20-2010, 12:09 AM
Open letter to Elos: I'm paying out the rear for your kit so gimme two test tubes so it's obvious two tests occur and more importantly I don't have to clean one in-between tests!

I would agree, two vials would make things seem a little clearer what to do, and i hate having to clean vial between tests.

Cubeman
11-20-2010, 12:26 AM
once you run out of reagent A and buy a second test kit, voila, second test tube :lol:

globaldesigns
11-20-2010, 01:33 AM
For the second part of the test you start with a totally FRESH 3mL of tank water =)

You are absolutely correct.

I actaully only ever do the first part of the test... I always find the second part of the test give me a reading of 6 to minus from the first step. So I don't even bother with the second part anymore, just take my first test and subtract the 6 then multiply by 50

I am not saying for you to do it, just that the second test never changes for me, so I am lazy and don't bother with that anymore.