PDA

View Full Version : 5" regal tang saw the other side...

eli@fijireefrock.com
11-18-2010, 05:59 AM
i have this regal for some time now.going into my reef room to see my tang stiff on the floor,... quick place him in one of the sumps with barely any gill movement dust the fish off hold him for about 10min,...and now back into the main tank(thank good he seems alright)
maybe place some kind of a cage crate arround the parameter of the back top tank.

daniella3d
11-18-2010, 08:06 PM
wow, good to know.

How long do you think he was outside the water?

i have this regal for some time now.going into my reef room to see my tang stiff on the floor,... quick place him in one of the sumps with barely any gill movement dust the fish off hold him for about 10min,...and now back into the main tank(thank good he seems alright)
maybe place some kind of a cage crate arround the parameter of the back top tank.

eli@fijireefrock.com
11-19-2010, 03:44 AM
i think at least 7 min.
when i got to him he was almost jerky dried lol
he is doing fine tonight besides some scrapes and bruises all over him.

michika
11-19-2010, 06:01 PM
I'm really curious if your fish has brain damage from his experience, kind of like a reverse hypoxia, or would that be hydropoxia? Anyways, I'm curious to see how your fish does after his jerky treatment.

Aquattro
11-19-2010, 06:02 PM
I had a wrasse do that years ago, after reviving it, it appeared fine. Had it another year before he escaped again...

freezetyle
11-19-2010, 06:15 PM
I'm really curious if your fish has brain damage from his experience, kind of like a reverse hypoxia, or would that be hydropoxia? Anyways, I'm curious to see how your fish does after his jerky treatment.

Its still hypoxia. Since there is still just a lack of oxygen in system. interesting question about brain damage. If it were a blue/hippo tang it may have been time to rename it(dori):biggrin:

glad your tang is recovering