PDA

View Full Version : Anthias help

revgeoff
11-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Ok, my Emperor got sick and helped kill off most of my fish (why are the sick ones the hardest to catch!).

I have a 220 reef tank (ok, not too much coral and only softies) which is currently inhabited by five chromis, a Sailfin (about 5 inches) and three wrasses (xmas, lineatus and mystery).

At first I was thinking about a group of carpenter's flasher wrasses but I am worried about my fairy wrasse.
Same goes for a group of lyretail anthias...I don't want them picking on my expensive fairy wrasse.
So, does anyone have a suggestion? How are squarespot anthias (do they loose a lot of colour...yes I know they only go one per tank).
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

naesco
11-17-2010, 09:22 PM
Ok, my Emperor got sick and helped kill off most of my fish (why are the sick ones the hardest to catch!).

I have a 220 reef tank (ok, not too much coral and only softies) which is currently inhabited by five chromis, a Sailfin (about 5 inches) and three wrasses (xmas, lineatus and mystery).

At first I was thinking about a group of carpenter's flasher wrasses but I am worried about my fairy wrasse.
Same goes for a group of lyretail anthias...I don't want them picking on my expensive fairy wrasse.
So, does anyone have a suggestion? How are squarespot anthias (do they loose a lot of colour...yes I know they only go one per tank).
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

The flasher wrasses are jumpers. If you do not have a covered tank do not consider them.
The lyretail anthias require constant feeding in the midstream which most reefers who work do not have the ability to do. The result is one by one they just peter out. I would not consider them.
The squarespot anthias according to Scott Michael is an almost impossible anthias to keep.

Given your disappointment with the angel why don't you look at keeping fish that are less chanllenging, allow some time before you add further fish and unless they are small add only one fish at a time one month apart.
Best of Luck