PDA

View Full Version : Where to get a Dart Pump serviced?

FishyFishy!
11-17-2010, 06:04 PM
I'm inbetween tanks right now (waiting on the 187 to get moved), and I figure that my reeflo dart pump could use a service in the mean time. Where in calgary could I have it serviced? I remember that the first time that I left it sit for a while it leaked like crazy for the first 24 hours after I got it wet again. Its also been up and running with no service for 2 years, so i'm sure it could use it.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mike

michika
11-17-2010, 06:35 PM
I've always just done it myself, is there something specific you want to service on the pump, or just 'cause its good maintenance practice?

FishyFishy!
11-17-2010, 06:39 PM
"just 'cause its good maintenance practice" right on the button!

What is servicable in these things?

michika
11-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Honestly, like nothing. You open up one side, clean, re-lubricate, reseat the seal and re-assemble. Its quick and easy, you just need the right tools.

There is a specific lubricant you're supposed to use though, or specific type, I think it might be liquid graphite, and I know we got ours at the hardware store, but you'd have to double check that one.

mark
11-17-2010, 10:06 PM
you might need to replace the seals (no big deal see link (http://www.melevsreef.com/dart_seals.html)), no lubrication to the pump (seal faces need to be clean) but maybe the motor but believe sealed bearings. If the motor has had lots of use, might consider replacing the bearings.