PDA

View Full Version : anyone in Calgary looking for a sohal tang?

asylumdown
11-17-2010, 05:22 AM
I had hoped my timing was going to be better, but the Sohal Tang I bought last year has grown faster than the house that I am building a much larger tank around is going up. My 90 gallon that she has spent the past year growing in was only supposed to be a brief stop on her way to a 260 gallon in-wall display, but with our house nearly a year behind schedule, it's going to be at least next autumn before it's ready.

She's about 8inches from head to tail, in perfect health, and in the past week, she's sent a very expensive wrasse and a square spot anthias carpet surfing (yes, my tank IS covered, clearly not well enough). While I may love her as much as I would love a dog, it's not right for me to keep her in this tank for the extra year it's going to take to give her a more appropriate home. I also won't love her quite so much if she ends up being the last thing swimming in my tank.

I'm not interested in making money off her, but she needs to go to a large (200 plus gallons ideally), aggressive system that can house her for the rest of her natural life span, which in ideal circumstances could potentially be another 10 years. PM me if you're interested.

Ps, I don't actually know if it's a she, she just seems like a girl somehow.

globaldesigns
11-17-2010, 05:48 AM
These are a beautiful fish, and asylumdown has outlined the requirements for this fish quite well.

I would recommend this fish to anyone that can handle this species. It is a gauranteed showpiece.

naesco
11-17-2010, 07:59 AM
I had hoped my timing was going to be better, but the Sohal Tang I bought last year has grown faster than the house that I am building a much larger tank around is going up. My 90 gallon that she has spent the past year growing in was only supposed to be a brief stop on her way to a 260 gallon in-wall display, but with our house nearly a year behind schedule, it's going to be at least next autumn before it's ready.

She's about 8inches from head to tail, in perfect health, and in the past week, she's sent a very expensive wrasse and a square spot anthias carpet surfing (yes, my tank IS covered, clearly not well enough). While I may love her as much as I would love a dog, it's not right for me to keep her in this tank for the extra year it's going to take to give her a more appropriate home. I also won't love her quite so much if she ends up being the last thing swimming in my tank.

I'm not interested in making money off her, but she needs to go to a large (200 plus gallons ideally), aggressive system that can house her for the rest of her natural life span, which in ideal circumstances could potentially be another 10 years. PM me if you're interested.

Ps, I don't actually know if it's a she, she just seems like a girl somehow.

I know you will be sorry to see her go and will miss her but it is best for her to be in a tank that accommodates her needs.

michika
11-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Can she hang out with you for a few more months? Depending how things flow with my tank build I may have a home for her; 10.5ft long, 2ft tall, and 3ft deep.

asylumdown
11-17-2010, 03:33 PM
that sounds like my wet dream of a tank. I have a suspicion she's not going to be so simple to give away, so there's an excellent chance that I'll still have her.

globaldesigns
11-17-2010, 04:34 PM
that sounds like my wet dream of a tank. I have a suspicion she's not going to be so simple to give away, so there's an excellent chance that I'll still have her.

You are probably right, people love the look of the fish, but its temperment scares. I have one and love it, it is the king, but it does play nice most of the time. I personally would not give it up.

Good luck in finding it a new home.

daniella3d
11-18-2010, 01:49 AM
the only ones I ever saw were mean little devil, attacking everything and anything, including human hands.

The people who owned them said that the only reason they were not flushed in the toilet was because they were too big and too beautiful.

asylumdown
12-20-2010, 02:59 PM
bump