PDA

View Full Version : Firefish

reefcat
11-16-2010, 05:10 AM
Just a quick question: will purple and regular firefish get along because my pseudochromis has been picking on my firefish lately and i want to get him a friend.

gobytron
11-16-2010, 02:25 PM
they should be fine, however, your pseudochromis will just pick on them both...

Myka
11-16-2010, 03:10 PM
I disagree...two red Firefish would be more likely to get along, but depends on the size of the tank. How big is your tank? The purple Firefish are much more aggressive towards any other firefish.

gobytron
11-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Oh come on now Myka...
you cant even keep your fish in your tank these days...:wink:

skabooya
11-16-2010, 07:29 PM
Oh come on now Myka...

Low blow LMAO

reefcat
11-17-2010, 05:22 AM
its a 35g soon to be an 80 though but im worrieed about my firefish because i got the pseudo about a month ago and theyve been fine and then two days ago the pseudo spooked firefish and he tried to jump then hid, five minutees later he came out and got chased right back under a rock and hasnt come out since. I am quite worried because firefish is my favorite fish and i wouldnt like to see him go.

Kevotron
11-17-2010, 09:23 AM
Get a Damsel to bully the Chromis back then a Sohal Tang to take care of the Damsel, finally end with a Shark... by that time the firefish would be so small compared to the Shark that he won't even bother him.
:razz:

fishoholic
11-17-2010, 01:41 PM
I disagree...two red Firefish would be more likely to get along, but depends on the size of the tank. How big is your tank? The purple Firefish are much more aggressive towards any other firefish.

+1

Oh come on now Myka...

Dude that's just mean. I'm sure you meant it as a joke, but it really sucks when a fish jumps and pointing it out like that is just a harsh reminder.

reefwars
11-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Oh come on now Myka...

harsh....

paddyob
11-17-2010, 02:35 PM
pseudochromis is known to be a bad mofo. Get rid of him ha ha! Then get another firefish.

Myka
11-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Which Pseudochromis did you get anyway? Some of them are much worse than others. The Orchid Dottyback tends to be the lesser of the evils, but imo most Psedochromis do well as either the only fish in a nano or as one of many in a larger tank. They can be quite the bullies, and it is best if their aggression can be diluted with many other fish. A Firefish is certainly no match for any Pseudochromis. When are you upgrading to the 80? Maybe you have a friend that could babysit the Pseduchromis or the Firefish until the bigger tank is set up?

---------------------

Well, thanks for sticking up for me guy and gals! Gobytron's comment did make me laugh though...s/he has a point! :lol:

reefcat
11-18-2010, 02:39 AM
what kind of fish would be able to babysit the pseudo?

Myka
11-18-2010, 02:45 AM
what kind of fish would be able to babysit the pseudo?

If that's in reference to my comment I meant get a person to babysit the Pseudochromis in a tank that is more appropriate for it until you get the 80 going, and you can get the fish back then.