PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Vancouver area

2pts
11-15-2010, 05:53 AM
Hi everyone, I'm heading to Burnaby on the 25th for a union meeting, I'm going to the below 3 salt water stores on the 25th to pre shop. My meeting is the evening of the 25th. I am going to go back to the stores on Friday the 26th and get my orders. I hope to be leaving the lower mainland at about 2pm. I will be driving back through Kelowna, then home to Vernon.

I don't mind picking orders up for anyone that will meet me fast along the way home. I am not affiliated in any way with any store, and I'm not gonna charge anything to do this. I just know as a salt water addict, the selection and prices are pretty good down there, and I will be there anyways.

I am just a regular guy, so I can't do any kind of guarantees, but all boxes will be going in my vehicles cab. I am only stopping to give people any orders, but will not go off my path, so be prepared to meet me on Harvey in Kelowna (Penticton peeps, if any, could meet me in Westbank), or near the Brewery if in Vernon ( near Polson Park ).

If you want anything (reasonable size), call the store. I don't want any orders pre bagged, I want them bagged while I watch, so the animals spend as little stressfull time in bags as possible. I expect to be in Kelowna somewhere near 7pm.

I'm not rich and well I probably don't know you, so you must prepay your orders and OK with the store for me to pick up.

If you want me to pick up, please email me as much details as possible, I get my emails on my IPhone so I will check them before I head out to the stores. If I don't reply, assume I didn't get your message so call my phone. Include your phone # and name. If you want to give the description of me to the stores, I am 6'5", dark short hair, and size 15 feet (lol). I'm 36, I'll show ID if they want.

I have not contacted the 3 stores yet, but I will this week to make sure they are ok with it, I think they will be as I have done this @ J&L for friends before.

Im pretty new here, so not many know me, but I have met some at the frag swap in Kamloops and around town.

going to...
J & L Aquatics - ph 1-888-840-1146 or 604-444-1161
Ocean Aquatics - ph 1-800-605-0914 or 604-940-1988
King Ed Pet Centre - ph 604-525-4955

2pts
11-15-2010, 07:00 AM
Actually, if anyone from Kamloops wanted to, they could meet me in Merritt.

gobytron
11-15-2010, 02:34 PM
you should hit up Oceanic as well, especially if you're taking the number 1 in to Vancouver, it's just a short drive from there to Aldergrove and IME, its always got a thing or two you wont see at any of the big three you mentioned.

Also, you might as well go to Island pets, even though they are always understocked these days as it's like 2 mins from JL.

mike31154
11-15-2010, 05:55 PM
That's an awesome offer Shawn, I don't have anything in mind at the moment, but may think of something between now and the 25th. If I understand correctly you're returning on the 26th? My Dad's birthday is the 25th so I'll be in OK Falls around that time. Should be back in Vernon on the 26th though. Actually, what you might be able to help me out with is to take my VorTech MP40W ES driver to J&L and have them update the firmware for me.

2pts
11-16-2010, 06:41 AM
Great idea, I will be sure to go to Oceanic as well
Oceanic Corals 604-625-6288

I have been to Island 3 times, definately understocked the last time I was there. That said, I did get a wicked deal on a Pink Zoa Colony, $29. I will probably stop in for a few minutes there too, but not expecting much.

you should hit up Oceanic as well, especially if you're taking the number 1 in to Vancouver, it's just a short drive from there to Aldergrove and IME, its always got a thing or two you wont see at any of the big three you mentioned.

Also, you might as well go to Island pets, even though they are always understocked these days as it's like 2 mins from JL.

2pts
11-16-2010, 06:43 AM
Sure Mike, just pre-arrange / ok it with them. I can meet up with you around town next week. Yes I will be back on the evening of the 26th.

That's an awesome offer Shawn, I don't have anything in mind at the moment, but may think of something between now and the 25th. If I understand correctly you're returning on the 26th? My Dad's birthday is the 25th so I'll be in OK Falls around that time. Should be back in Vernon on the 26th though. Actually, what you might be able to help me out with is to take my VorTech MP40W ES driver to J&L and have them update the firmware for me.

bvlester
11-17-2010, 04:21 AM
Shawn and his wife are great people they came down to the frag swap and bought some stuff that they had to make a run to the bank machine to get money to pay. They returned and bought their stuff and hung out for a bit and we all talked, I'd trust them any day.

Hope to see you at the next one.

Bill

Hi everyone, I'm heading to Burnaby on the 25th for a union meeting, I'm going to the below 3 salt water stores on the 25th to pre shop. My meeting is the evening of the 25th. I am going to go back to the stores on Friday the 26th and get my orders. I hope to be leaving the lower mainland at about 2pm. I will be driving back through Kelowna, then home to Vernon.

I don't mind picking orders up for anyone that will meet me fast along the way home. I am not affiliated in any way with any store, and I'm not gonna charge anything to do this. I just know as a salt water addict, the selection and prices are pretty good down there, and I will be there anyways.

I am just a regular guy, so I can't do any kind of guarantees, but all boxes will be going in my vehicles cab. I am only stopping to give people any orders, but will not go off my path, so be prepared to meet me on Harvey in Kelowna (Penticton peeps, if any, could meet me in Westbank), or near the Brewery if in Vernon ( near Polson Park ).

If you want anything (reasonable size), call the store. I don't want any orders pre bagged, I want them bagged while I watch, so the animals spend as little stressfull time in bags as possible. I expect to be in Kelowna somewhere near 7pm.

I'm not rich and well I probably don't know you, so you must prepay your orders and OK with the store for me to pick up.

If you want me to pick up, please email me as much details as possible, I get my emails on my IPhone so I will check them before I head out to the stores. If I don't reply, assume I didn't get your message so call my phone. Include your phone # and name. If you want to give the description of me to the stores, I am 6'5", dark short hair, and size 15 feet (lol). I'm 36, I'll show ID if they want.

I have not contacted the 3 stores yet, but I will this week to make sure they are ok with it, I think they will be as I have done this @ J&L for friends before.

Im pretty new here, so not many know me, but I have met some at the frag swap in Kamloops and around town.

My name is Shawn Wilde, my email is shawnwilde@shaw.ca, my phone # is 250-549-8089.

going to...
J & L Aquatics - ph 1-888-840-1146 or 604-444-1161
Ocean Aquatics - ph 1-800-605-0914 or 604-940-1988
King Ed Pet Centre - ph 604-525-4955

2pts
11-17-2010, 06:07 AM
Hope to see you at the next one.

Bill

Thank you, it will be hard to stay away :) that darn addiction thing. lol

fisher
11-20-2010, 01:29 AM
i have a rsm 250 on hold at king eds i am in Kelowna are you driving a truck perhaps we can work someting out
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/images/misc/progress.gif

2pts
11-21-2010, 06:35 AM
K, I'll measure tomorrow, see how much room I have.

fisher
11-21-2010, 07:28 AM
thanks

2pts
11-22-2010, 06:39 PM
K, so I am definately picking up from J & L, and King Ed. Still planning to pre-shop the others on Thursday, so I may be picking up at those spots too.

I didn't bother calling the stores as I thought it would be kinda awkward to say...
"Hi, I may or may not be picking stuff up from your store, but I don't know for who" LOL.

So if you want me to pick up for you, tell them my info, as well as tell me ;)

I am definately stopping quickly in Westbank, Kelowna, and Vernon.

Later, Shawn

2pts
11-24-2010, 07:13 PM
Leaving Thursday morning, last call.

2pts
11-26-2010, 03:03 PM
So quite the trip on the way down, took my time cause there were lots of wiped out cars / trucks / and 1 semi.

You know how once you hit Hope it always stops snowing? Well not yesterday, it was snowing all the way to Burnaby!

Went to go to oceanic, but they were closed, no sign on door so I assume it was the snow.

Got the rsm 250 last night, going to j&l when they open.

2pts
11-27-2010, 04:21 AM
All closed, picked up and delivered.