PDA

View Full Version : Eshopps reef sump

Trabby
11-15-2010, 01:26 AM
Who in Alberta sells these? Looking into getting one in the future for our 90g, but getting one locally is unlikely. Also who here has one ? What is your opinion?

Wingin It
11-15-2010, 02:00 AM
They sell them at Pisces Pet Emporium in Calgary...also saw one on kijiji today. :)

Myka
11-15-2010, 03:04 AM
Looks like a decent sump for the price, minus the bioballs of course. I don't like the lack of baffles between the return chamber and the skimmer chamber...I guess they are using the bioballs and floss as a bubble trap. I don't like filter socks either, and to double up by adding floss as well. I guess it depends what you're aiming for. Personally, I like this sump for a FOWLR over a reef.

viperfish
11-15-2010, 03:12 AM
I'm using the RS300 on my 150 SPS tank and the RS75 on my 27 Gal cube. I think they're awesome. In Lethbridge Red Coral can get the in and Homes Alive carries them. Animal world carries them in The Hat. I bought my last one from Kelly at The Reef Shoppe. For your 90, the 300 would fit in the cabinet just fine and you'll have lots of space for a skimmer.

Trabby
11-15-2010, 03:15 AM
Thanks for your imput.... I'm drawn to these size wise... I'm installing it under an established 90g reef so I can ditch the canister. To be honest I'm terrified of a sump.... Never had one and I haven't a clue... Any and all input is appreciated....

RedCoralLethbridge
11-15-2010, 06:18 AM
If you want to stop by in the next couple days we can help you out. Or send me a message and we will get it figured out and yes we can get the Eshopps sumps no problem.