PDA

View Full Version : Sohal tang got schooled

Coleus
11-15-2010, 12:24 AM
So couples month ago i had a sohal tang that terrorize the whole tank so i let him go. This time tried a smaller one. Got him home today, over fed all my fishes while acclimating him. Moved some rocks and put him in. He is 3 inch and all my other fishes are 3-5 inches. All my angels and tangs went after him. It looked very close to a frenzy feeding. In the past, I never see this much aggression from all my tangs and angels. Usually one or two went after new comer not the whole pack.

So I turned off my light and the sohal is safe for now. Will continue to monitor this aggression but what the hell?

naesco
11-15-2010, 12:46 AM
So couples month ago i had a sohal tang that terrorize the whole tank so i let him go. This time tried a smaller one. Got him home today, over fed all my fishes while acclimating him. Moved some rocks and put him in. He is 3 inch and all my other fishes are 3-5 inches. All my angels and tangs went after him. It looked very close to a frenzy feeding. In the past, I never see this much aggression from all my tangs and angels. Usually one or two went after new comer not the whole pack.

So I turned off my light and the sohal is safe for now. Will continue to monitor this aggression but what the hell?

Coleus when you added your new sohal tang you should have done so in the dark not after all the fish attacked her.
Keep the lights off and the drapes closed for a couple of days and approach only to feed.

If the sohol survives it will get big really quick and commence terrorizing all your fish just like the one you had before. It is the nature of the fish.

Delphinus
11-15-2010, 12:46 AM
I HATE adding new fish, the hazing they do to the newcomers can be just brutal. :(

Lance
11-15-2010, 12:50 AM
I HATE adding new fish, the hazing they do to the newcomers can be just brutal. :(

I know! I think it's almost as stressful for me as the fish.

Coleus
11-15-2010, 02:06 AM
it will get big really quick and commence terrorizing all your fish just like the one you had before. It is the nature of the fish.

Let's hope not

gobytron
11-15-2010, 02:06 PM
too funny.
cant say I EVER have that problem...

Chin_Lee
11-15-2010, 04:20 PM
it helps to put a large mirror on one end of the tank to get them hazing over themselves. kinda confuses them as to who to pick on - themselves or the new guy. The new fish (in this case the sohal) will end up hanging out at the other end of the tank.

Coleus
11-18-2010, 09:35 PM
it is all good now, although i got to admit the sohal tang heals up very fast.