PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Bariene Tang?

Aquattro
11-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Thinking about getting one of these. Anyone have one and an opinion on them?

xtreme
11-14-2010, 04:36 PM
I've had one for over a year now. It has become one of the favorite fish in my tank. Its adult coloration is starting to come out and is turning into an awesome looking tang. I haven't seen any aggression towards my other tangs either which is nice. This includes another acanthurus species (powder blue) I have in with him. As I'm sure you know, they have the potential to get quite large, mine has quickly outgrown all my other tangs.

Haloreef
11-14-2010, 04:41 PM
I have had one for the last 6 months or so and I must say it has to be one of my favorite tangs. The colours on a happy fat Barrinne are subtle but sweet! Lets just say I sold my Powder Blue because he just could not get over having a prettier tang in the tanK! Does not seem to be much of an ich magnet or at least never showed much of an out break. My Powder Blue would get a little ichy when ever a new tang would enter the tank but it would go away after a few days. I use Garlic Gaurd, Imunovitt and Lipovitt soaked food and good clean water and that seems to help the fish fight it off.
In my opinion, do yourself a favour and pick one up!
If you have the room and all the stuff the Tang Police provide! Sheesh!
Keith,

lastlight
11-14-2010, 06:13 PM
http://glassbox-design.com/2009/large-acanthurus-tangs-surgeonfish/

Holy COW 19+ inches at full size?! They are certainly beautiful.

Aquattro
11-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Ya, they're nice looking fish, but I read the part about potential aggression and the size. I doubt a captive specimen will get to be 19 inches, but 10 would be nice. For now it will be about 4 inches going into my 90 for a week or two, then into the 180.

naesco
11-14-2010, 08:46 PM
http://glassbox-design.com/2009/large-acanthurus-tangs-surgeonfish/

Holy COW 19+ inches at full size?! They are certainly beautiful.

Nice fish and good commentary on tank size requirements. He states they will quickly outgrow a 200 gallon tank which makes sense, eh!. Maybe I can talk the Vancouver Aquarium to get one.

lastlight
11-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Looking forward to the pics Brad. Deliver!

Chaloupa
11-14-2010, 10:52 PM
NICE fish! Would love to get one...where you getting it Brad??

Aquattro
11-14-2010, 11:19 PM
NICE fish! Would love to get one...where you getting it Brad??

Safari has one right now that I'm fighting with someone else to get, but apparently more are coming, so I can have one of those.

Chaloupa
11-15-2010, 02:04 AM
Safari has one right now that I'm fighting with someone else to get, but apparently more are coming, so I can have one of those.

WOW! Very very jealous! I would LOVE to add one to the 300g at the store...it would look fantastic!

Aquattro
11-15-2010, 03:55 AM
WOW! Very very jealous! I would LOVE to add one to the 300g at the store...it would look fantastic!

I'll let you know if multiples come in...

Chaloupa
11-15-2010, 04:15 AM
I'll let you know if multiples come in...

Thank you!:biggrin: