PDA

View Full Version : i guess juvie eels do bite hard :)

reefwars
11-09-2010, 12:18 AM
well its feeding time tonight and as usual i have my food in the tongs and as im bringing the food the the lair up from behind my hand comes the eel and bites right on the finger lol :) my tongs are short and my knuckels just enter the water when i feed him so its my own fault but damn!!!!!!!! he packs a punch hurts more now than when it did and he grabed on there good i almost pulled him right out in the scare of things:) def not as friendly as my last eel which would take food from my hand but i guess being half blind will do that to you:):)

dsaundry
11-09-2010, 01:49 AM
All eels can bite hard:laugh:

reefwars
11-09-2010, 02:16 AM
was kind of cool rush lol the not knowing he was there was the scary part totally got me by surprise , it also tells me something hes now at that age where he see bigger things as food like my fingers so im now deciding if i am going to remove the clowns as they fight with the eel if the eel gets in their turf ,and put them in my holding tank untill my new tank is up and running:):)

i mean (sucks in a tear) ...they grow up so fast :):)

Wayne
11-09-2010, 02:32 AM
LOL any blood? Might not be a bad idea to move the clowns, probley one snap from him and they would be done.

reefwars
11-09-2010, 02:38 AM
there was blood yes its two very small punctures then a it looks like they slice down, he got me good as he was twisting lol the clowns ive thinking of moving for a while now they are still a fair size while the eel is still very small.they all seem to have territory staked out and dont drift into each others area much i do know that the clowns know the eel is bad news as they are watching him when hes out and the female will fight the eel off if the eel gets into her " area "

the clowns are going to be moved as soon as i can catch them they had a nice life together but its easier for me to move the clowns then the eel.