PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some beginner corals in Edmonton

reefwars
11-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Hey guys so I'm looking for some beginner corals for my roomate he has just started his first tank , so far I've given him everything he needs in the way of rock, tank and equipment . We were given a yellow goby and now he would like to get some corals. He's looking for kenyas. Gsp, shrooms,Xenia softies/leathers ..... He can pay a little but can't afford much so any help from Edmonton reefers would be greatly appreciated . I'll be cutting himas many frags as I can from my system but there's not much there he's ready for.

He moved here from Calgary 3 weeks ago after splitting with his wife, so it's a complete change in his life and he loves my tank so I thought a small tank would help him take his mind off his situation with his wife:) he can't afford much as he's completely starting over and he's a very very nice guy so I'm hoping someone would donate him some coral maybe some stuff that's overgrown but if I have to I would pay for it:)

Thanks guys for any help in making a guy in a bad situation feel better and have something to take his mind off things. Since he started this tank he has been glued to it lol so I want him to really see how much fun it is and unfortunately he can't afford anything expensive and I have volunteered to keep him in salt or any emergency funding untill he's a little more off his feet.

I know as well as anyone that this hobby is a good way to get your mind off things and it really helped me in my break up so imhoping the same for him, plus the more reefers in Edmonton the better right:):)

THANkS GUYS In ADVANCE :):):)

Vitaminz
11-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Heya Denny,

Send him my way, can trim back some of my frag for him.

Jeff

jhoepopoy
11-08-2010, 05:30 PM
me too i'm looking for kenya threes!!

reefwars
11-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Heya Denny,

Send him my way, can trim back some of my frag for him.

Jeff

sweet jeff:) when i can get a ride down i will take you up on that:):) ill be in touch:) thanks buddy i really think it will help take his mind off things to have a hobby:):)

hound96
11-08-2010, 05:42 PM
i can give him some of that pipe organ i got from you

reefwars
11-08-2010, 05:50 PM
that would be sweet as well lol ill try to get a vehicle for a day this week and ill try to make arrangments with you all to come pick up some goodies ...this is a surprise for him and he knows nothing of it yet so i think he will be really happy:)

his tank is only 10g so if anyone cuts him a frag lets keep it small lol :):) thanks soooo much guys you always pull through:):)

gotta love the generosity of reefers we truely are generous and will always help out a friend:):) thanks guys:)

Capt_kulafu
11-08-2010, 06:19 PM
i will give my 2 damsels!! my problem is how do i catch them?? lol

reefwars
11-08-2010, 06:30 PM
if you do catch them i would take them i can put one in his tank and the other in my holding tank untill my 200g is ready:):) what type of damsels are they???

you can use a pop bottle with some food to catch them i think theres a thread on here some where :) thanks:):)

reefwars
11-08-2010, 06:36 PM
so far ive gotten a few replies and thanks to you all im surprised no one messaged with gsp or anthelia lol i guess no one wants to bear that burden on someone else lol :):) thanks again guys for all that pm'd and posted replies:)

reefwars
11-08-2010, 06:37 PM
hummm im guessing its soon gonne be time for another frag party eh????:):)

Vitaminz
11-08-2010, 06:46 PM
No Worries buddy, more than happy to help out!

Jeff

Capt_kulafu
11-08-2010, 06:48 PM
1 yellow tail damsel
1 3 spot domino damsel

reefwars
11-08-2010, 08:05 PM
1 yellow tail damsel
1 3 spot domino damsel

for sure buddy i will take them let me know if your able to catch them and ill try to get over as soon as you do:):) once the aiptasi clears up in my tank i will throw some zoa frags your way:):)

thanks jeff youll have to come over for a beer sometime soon :)

Capt_kulafu
11-08-2010, 08:18 PM
i'll PM you if i catch them!!! thanks also!!

for sure buddy i will take them let me know if your able to catch them and ill try to get over as soon as you do:):) once the aiptasi clears up in my tank i will throw some zoa frags your way:):)

thanks jeff youll have to come over for a beer sometime soon :)

Capt_kulafu
11-09-2010, 01:25 AM
sorry no picture!!

Capt_kulafu
11-09-2010, 01:34 AM
deleted see on my algae thread

thanks

reefwars
11-09-2010, 01:50 AM
post a bigger pic if you can but it looks like diatoms to me which wouldn't be a huge concern the pics are real small but maybe someone can do better with them , post these pics in your algae thread:)

reefwars
11-09-2010, 01:53 AM
if it is diatoms it will eventually run its course with water changes and time.so long as you dont overfeed leave your lights on all the time etc.

its quite ugly to see so you can use a turkey baster to suck some up or blow of rocks and a mag for the glass:) some people say disturbing it makes it worse some say distyrbing it does no harm at all:) ive done both lol:):)

better to get a proper id on it first though so you know what your dealing with:)

Edmonton newbie
11-09-2010, 01:55 AM
denny i have lots of gsp and what kens calling finger xenia if you make it to the east side

reefwars
11-09-2010, 02:03 AM
denny i have lots of gsp and what kens calling finger xenia if you make it to the east side

sweeeeet ill take you up on that as well lol:):) with that there and what the others are giving i think he will have a great start and that should get him right on path:)

i think he will be good with these coral plus some i got lined up from pm's as its a small tank so thanks if anyone else had anything to give but i gotta leave room for his own things to add:0

thanks to everyone, told you we pull through here.... all the replys were to get a fella goin and none looking for money:):)

Wayne
11-09-2010, 02:11 AM
so far ive gotten a few replies and thanks to you all im surprised no one messaged with gsp or anthelia lol i guess no one wants to bear that burden on someone else lol :):) thanks again guys for all that pm'd and posted replies:)

I'll throw a baseball size GSP and Pulsing Xenia his way :)

Riptide
11-09-2010, 02:14 AM
you have a pm

Capt_kulafu
11-09-2010, 02:45 PM
sorry denny its my fault to post my picture!! you can check it now on my thread

thanks anyways