PDA

View Full Version : where to get heatsink?

therealshark
11-07-2010, 09:44 PM
i am thinkin about doing a DIY LED light but unsure of where to get the heatsink from. is there anywhere in canada that i can get it?
i plan to order from rapidled but the sizes of heatsink they have are not really what i am looking for.

ScubaSteve
11-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Probably your best bet for having the greatest selection is to order from one of the big electronics suppliers. My personal favorites are Newark, Digikey and Mouser.

donlite
11-07-2010, 10:28 PM
What size of sink are you looking for? My company gets heat sinks from a number of companies. If you are looking for a good price you will have to go to the states. Don:question:

therealshark
11-07-2010, 10:38 PM
ya, im finding some but prices are crazy for anything in canada.
im sure ill have to buy out of the US but figured i would see if anyone knew of a decent place in canada with decent prices.

steve fedyk
11-08-2010, 02:04 AM
you can make your own with a good table saw and a thick plate of Al.

eli@fijireefrock.com
11-14-2010, 09:40 PM
A while back I purchased my heatsink from the us.
Heatsinkusa.com
Give them a try for larger pieces they where the cheapest even with shipping.

Stones
11-16-2010, 12:16 AM
A while back I purchased my heatsink from the us.
Heatsinkusa.com
Give them a try for larger pieces they where the cheapest even with shipping.

+1 on heatsinkusa.com

You can get almost any size heatsink from them for very cheap. Shipping however is pretty expensive considering that you are paying to have a solid chunk of metal mailed to you.

Even with shipping though, it was the cheapest place I could find a heatsink from. They also do custom sizes for a small additional fee.