View Full Version : buy glass

steve fedyk
11-07-2010, 03:00 AM
where in tricity or closest place to buy 1/4 glass
I'm planning to try and biuld a frag tank 17"x12"x10"

Cranky When Wet
11-07-2010, 03:36 AM
Heya,

Most commercial glass sheet suppliers tend to cater to the trades and business accounts. Using old windows is an accident waiting to happen...don't do it.

You might try looking up Stained Glass Shops. There are always quite a few in larger cities and most sell various sizes of sheets by the square foot (spend the money on a good cutter and get lots of practice pieces; a good shop usually has enough around to give it away).

And if you want to take this up a notch, take a look around the store... you may find glass in many great colors that would look super as back "walls!" Wouldn't it be nice to skip the spray painting mess!

If you go the colored-glass, back wall route... just be sure to ask for help choosing something that doesn't have surface texture or varying texture within the glass/colors. This is very important if you plan to drill it or build partitions (also, don't mix glass and acrylic - different expansion rates.) An experienced glazier can help you choose the right stuff.

Cheers,

Bunny >:-)

cwatkins
11-07-2010, 04:12 AM
I used Delta Glass in Surrey. Not quite in the tri-cities but they were great for my sump!

plutoniumJoe
11-07-2010, 01:50 PM
I have found Niki Glass near the Port Mann bridge to have the best prices.

Joe

scherzo
11-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Call the Glass Station in POCO. They are super cheap and great people to deal with.

monocus
11-07-2010, 02:50 PM
check out king ed-they have a 48x12x12 tank for about $70