PDA

View Full Version : zoa positioning

dplaskett
11-04-2010, 05:59 AM
Hi,
I have lots of frags that I have picked up over the last 3 years. I want to start glueing down the frags to my rockwork before I let the urchins into the new tank I set up. I have many different zoa colors. Does anyone have lots of experience with zoas and know where to put certain colors (high/ mid/low lights/flow)???

Thanks,
Dave

fishytime
11-04-2010, 12:35 PM
I think it really depends on the individual zoa.....some seem to like lots of light and others need to be shaded.....you could probably take where you have the frags now as a good starting point and try to place the frags in the new setup roughly where they were in the old setup......of course flow will also effect how happy some zoas are....so it may take a bit of experimenting:wink:....

paddyob
11-04-2010, 12:57 PM
I was actually wondering this too. sorry to hijack the thread... but does anyone know what PURPLE PEOPLE EATER ZOANTHIDS Like? i cant seem to make mine happy.

daniella3d
11-04-2010, 04:15 PM
some are never happy no matter what light you put them in. Usualy a safe place to start is very very low light, then move toward the light slowly and see if it get better or worse.

I was actually wondering this too. sorry to hijack the thread... but does anyone know what PURPLE PEOPLE EATER ZOANTHIDS Like? i cant seem to make mine happy.

freezetyle
11-04-2010, 04:18 PM

mine didnt open up until i had them out of the shady area and into direct light. on my sand bed. 20" under 6-t5's

reefwars
11-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Gotta love the zoa's completely addicting all with individual personalities and requirements , overall it's trial and error with everything . Call me crazy but it seems like the more zoa's I have in my tank the better they do:)