PDA

View Full Version : Adding live rock to established tank

boots
11-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Hi every one

I have recently bought my first mp40 and it's on it's way. How ever I have a large frog spawn that will be in the line of fire. So I would like to add a new piece of live rock to fill a void so that I will be able to move it back out of the way. My question is that if I add this piece will it throw my peramiters for a loop.

Thanks boots

daniella3d
11-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Just add a piece that is fully cured and everything will be fine. If the liverock is not cured then chances are that there will be something diying and polluting the tank.

I did this a few time without any problem.

Hi every one

I have recently bought my first mp40 and it's on it's way. How ever I have a large frog spawn that will be in the line of fire. So I would like to add a new piece of live rock to fill a void so that I will be able to move it back out of the way. My question is that if I add this piece will it throw my peramiters for a loop.

Thanks boots

fishytime
11-03-2010, 11:31 PM
kinda depends on how much and how much.....know what I mean.....how much LR is in the tank and how much do you figure your gonna add?.....I wouldnt add 10 pounds to 20.....but I would (and have) add 10s pound to 100:wink: