PDA

View Full Version : How soon is too soon? dieing anemone! please help!

kevNnic
11-02-2010, 01:33 AM
We i picked up a small RBTA a few months ago and he seemed ok for quite a while, never really grew and didn't move at all, seemed content! well over the past few weeks he has been closed up with no tenticles at all, and now his mouth appears to be gapping today, has not been good looking for sometime, i dont think they're is anything i can do to save him, wont eat.

Should i pull him before its too late and have my tank possibly crash or ride it out? also what the best and safest way if i do need to pull him, i feel awful doing this.

Someone could have him for free if they think they can save him!

please let me know asap

Thanks in advance

Kevin

kevNnic
11-02-2010, 01:38 AM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/spakelz/DSCF3374.jpg

BlueTang<3
11-02-2010, 01:39 AM
what is your magnesium level at ?

kevNnic
11-02-2010, 01:45 AM
levels are normal, my other two rbta's are doing great, this one just never really looks all that healthy

BlueTang<3
11-02-2010, 01:56 AM
How often are you feeding it. If you are feeding what are you feeding. This anemone came originally from mine they seem to be pretty hardy.

kevNnic
11-02-2010, 02:18 AM
this is not one of your anemones, this one i got from Ken at blue world, yours are doing great! split into 3, lost one, but still have two eating and growing quite well, this one wont eat and hasn't had any tenticles out for a couple weeks, been feeding mysis and silversides.

BlueTang<3
11-02-2010, 02:23 AM
I would drop the silversides out of the diet been reading a lot of post lately of anemones crapping out that have been fed silversides. I recently switched to straight mysis and all my anemones have shown a vast improvement in size and colour. As for the general health don't know what to do it is strange that it wont eat.

kevNnic
11-02-2010, 02:26 AM
ya i amm quite concerned, i have been feeding only mysis for the past few weeks, basically put it right in his face and with no arms to grab anything he isn't eating.

reefwars
11-02-2010, 02:37 AM
I would drop the silversides out of the diet been reading a lot of post lately of anemones crapping out that have been fed silversides. I recently switched to straight mysis and all my anemones have shown a vast improvement in size and colour. As for the general health don't know what to do it is strange that it wont eat.

i did the same wes i dropped silversides off the menu i only feed mysis or a mysis and brine mix....it doesnt sound good for your nem if hes not eating and mouth is gaping, plus hes losing color id have to say you may have to prepare yourself for the worst keep an eye on him where hes small you can wait to see for sure without harming your tank but if hes dead it wont take long to breakdown and the mouth gaping and never closing is the first bad sign of death:) sorry:)

Milad
11-02-2010, 03:16 AM
fyi my rbta went from 6inches to .5 inches, turned pail see through white, disappeared. This happened over a course of month.

i had two in the tank, both did the same. I thought they died. Im not sure what i did (maybe mag or calc), well now they are back! full color, eating like champs, sticky as hell.

i also say the silversides sucks, my guys only like mysis now.

so there might be hope!