View Full Version : 28W LED 13000K

venkiw
11-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Here is a New Product 28W LED - 13000K

Specifications:

Base: E40 (Mogul)
Input: 110V AC 60 Hz
Total LED Power = 28 X 1W
Total Power Consumption: 32 Watts (effciency 90%)
CCT = 13000K
Life > 50,000Hrs
Lumens = 1800
Dimensions = 10" X 4" X 4"

The Unit Comprises of 28 - 1W Edison LED. 19 Cool White 6500K and 9 450nm (Actinic). The Lamp Can Replace 100W Metal Halide at 13000K. The Lamps are totally modular, use as many as you need to achieve the desired lighting level.

The Lamp swivels to get a horizontal position over the Tank.

Binare
11-01-2010, 10:39 PM
These are street, parking lot replacement lamps meant to be used at 5 to 6 meters. Coverage probably wouldn't be all that good on a tank.

venkiw
11-01-2010, 11:03 PM
These are street, parking lot replacement lamps meant to be used at 5 to 6 meters. Coverage probably wouldn't be all that good on a tank.

Yes but they are supposed to be used as a replacement for MH with existing reflectors. The optics is at 77 Degs. Supposed to be at 6" above tank. Also keep in mind that most LED lighting in the market do not have proper design for heat dissipation (i.e. heat sink), and lead to pre mature failures. And no actinics for street light applications.

venkiw
11-02-2010, 01:56 AM
I don't have a tank setup at the moment, so any volunteers willing to help with reviewing the product?

Binare
11-02-2010, 02:58 AM
Help with review? Does that mean buy the ones you just posted for sale?

As far as actinics are concerned, blue leds are not actinics, a true actinic bulb is used in a photocopier and the like. Where is the specs listing 6" above the water? That's pretty vague for a height considering the range of depths for aquariums. Who is the manufacturer of these "reef specific" parking lot lamps? Where did you get them? These just look like a normal led replacement that someone desoldered a few whites and replaced with blues.

monocus
11-02-2010, 06:16 AM
i have tried most of the led bulbs out there and the one you have shown will probably fail within a month-you would need a min of 3 watt led -the multiple mini leds do not have enough par(about 2 at 1 inch)

venkiw
11-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Help with review? Does that mean buy the ones you just posted for sale?

As far as actinics are concerned, blue leds are not actinics, a true actinic bulb is used in a photocopier and the like. Where is the specs listing 6" above the water? That's pretty vague for a height considering the range of depths for aquariums. Who is the manufacturer of these "reef specific" parking lot lamps? Where did you get them? These just look like a normal led replacement that someone desoldered a few whites and replaced with blues.

At 6" inches it will cast light in a 2' X 1' rectangle. but if you see the aluminum housing there are ways to focus this light to a smaller pattern using reflectors hanging of the periphery of the lamp.

The parking lot lamp was modified at my request to include the Cool White which has a full spectrum and also has the 420nm blue wavelength. To add 450nm I included the Edison 450nm Blue to the design.

All mods were made at the manufacturers production line. Also note that the layout of the blue LEDs, they form a 'W' which has been my nickname.

venkiw
11-02-2010, 11:32 AM
i have tried most of the led bulbs out there and the one you have shown will probably fail within a month-you would need a min of 3 watt led -the multiple mini leds do not have enough par(about 2 at 1 inch)

Since this lamp was manufactured based on our specs, it does come with 2 year warranty.

I quit the commercial operations in 2004, I am just trying my hard to have some alternate lighting options for the hobby that don't cost an arm and a leg.

Binare
11-02-2010, 01:05 PM
How is a reflector going to have any effect on these? A reflector will wrap the sides and top of this unit. Are you suggesting to mount the leds pointing up?

Do you have par readings to back your claim at 6"? Pictures showing coverage of your 2'x1' box?