PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using BRS reactors?

Wayne
10-25-2010, 01:09 AM
As more an more time goes on I realise that running my passive carbon is just not doing the trick. So I am looking for a more economical reactor thats easy to change carbon on. I really like the price and simpleness of the BRS units. Anyone had any expience with these, also I don't think I can have it in my sump so leak free is benificial :lol:

I know this is a shot in the dark but anyone have a decent used reactor for sale in the Edmonton area?

lastlight
10-25-2010, 01:38 AM
I didn't like mine but afterwards I did notice there is an in and out labelled on the thing. Maybe me having it hooked up in reverse created my issues with it! I bough a second TLF and have one for gfo and one for carbon now. I like having a dedicated pump for both so I can tweak each. I'd recommend two separate reactors (as BRS themselves do). I'm in Calgary if you're in town anytime you can come pick mine up for cheap but it's the dual.

Wayne
10-25-2010, 02:04 AM
If I can convince the wife to take a store tour of Calgary I will certainly take you up on that offer! I will be in touch :)

Milad
10-25-2010, 04:54 AM
im running the dual with GFO and Carbon, im about to just do go dual carbon

I didnt like it at first because I couldnt get a pump running it even though they said i just need a maxi jet 1200.

then I noticed the thing you fill up with carbon/GFO has an arrow to it and I had it upside down!! lol

Lance
10-25-2010, 06:06 AM
I have a single and a dual. I was running carbon and GFO in the dual but since I went to the pellets I'm just running carbon. I will say that having experience with both of them I would run carbon and GFO in two single reactors rather than than the duo. Just doesn't work as well. Clogs up too quickly.

lastlight
10-25-2010, 08:37 AM
I ran mine backwards because everything I read said to do carbon first then gfo. The reactor is setup to do the opposite.

Wayne
10-26-2010, 03:13 AM
I have a single and a dual. I was running carbon and GFO in the dual but since I went to the pellets I'm just running carbon. I will say that having experience with both of them I would run carbon and GFO in two single reactors rather than than the duo. Just doesn't work as well. Clogs up too quickly.

Where does it clog? Can't you just put something like a filter sock over the pump to prevent debris from getting in or is it the carbon breaking down and clogging the setup?

Wayne
10-26-2010, 03:14 AM
I ran mine backwards because everything I read said to do carbon first then gfo. The reactor is setup to do the opposite.

LOL I think I may have the wife on board for a trip to Calgary, she wants to visit her cousin so maybe soon :)

lastlight
10-26-2010, 04:14 AM
Sounds good Wayne it's cleaned up waiting for ya. I have 2 empty media cartridges for it as well.