PDA

View Full Version : ACK LTA in powerhead

Llamarama
10-24-2010, 08:01 PM
Oh my goodness what a rough run of luck i've had. today when I turned on the lights to my newly set up 95G tank the nem was on the back wall, ten minutes later when I came back to check on the tank it looked cloudy and my nem was sucked into a powerhead :( tried pulling it out to no avail after turning everythign off, so i let the PH rest on the bottom of the tank for a bit while I added carbon and did a 15g water change (that's all the R/O I had made) Starry Blenny #2 died first, I saved my dwarf lionfish, Rabbitfish, and Green Spot Puffer to a bucket but not sure if they will make it. Filefish, engineer goby, and pink spot goby are MIA. clowns who love their nem are swimming around in the tank apparantly just fine and happy. corals all look fine. not sure what is happening doing water changes as soon as i have enough water again. Nem should be fine its still got its color and it's mouth and foot appear to be okay. any advice for what i can do for my fish would be appreciated...i'm assuming the MIA fish are dead and I will have to take apart my rockwork to get them out :(

since upgrading my tank I have had nothign but horrible luck :(

Madreefer
10-24-2010, 11:24 PM
i'm assuming the MIA fish are dead and I will have to take apart my rockwork to get them out

:(

Test your water parameters and if all is ok than just let things settle out. As for the missing fish they may be just hiding as you have had your hands inside dealing with your anemone/ph issue. If your missing fish are not that big I would just leave your rockwork alone rather than causing more of a disturbance in your tank. May just stress out your remaining fish Your cleanup crew and worms will do the job for you.

Llamarama
10-25-2010, 03:48 AM
Thanks but I'm quite sure they're dead the filefish floated out from the rocks definitely dead the only fish still in the tank are the clowns and our cuc is non existent at the moment till we go to Calgary. Most of them died when our other 100g exploded a few weeks ago :( so looks like going fishin tonight