PDA

View Full Version : Fish Suggestions?

ScubaSteve
10-22-2010, 08:38 PM
Alrighty, so I might be moving the maroon clown out of my tank, which means I can finally consider some other fish now that they won't get beaten up.

Aside from the clown, I only have a Midas blenny and a randall's goby. I would like to add more fish that will encourage the blenny to come out and swim as well as add some flash and colour (without the attitude!).

I have been considering:
-Flame angel
-Potter's Angel
-Coral Beauty
-Flasher Wrasse

Yes, I understand that the dwarf angels may nip but I am willing to give them a try and am interested to try a new training method that might stop them from nipping. I love wrasses but I hesitate and my last wrasse went carpet surfing.

Anyone have any other suggestions of one (or more fish?) to add?

I am running a 40g with an open top plus sump and skimmer. Mostly SPS with zoanthids and two LPS.

MrGoodbytes
10-23-2010, 05:06 AM
If you're thinking flasher wrasse, then don't forget to consider fairy wrasse too. Lubbock's fairy wrasse comes to mind. Gorgeous fish.

A group of small cardinals could be an option, although you don't get the same colour you would with wrasse or angels.

Good luck with your decision in any case.

Graeme

kien
10-23-2010, 06:44 AM
I love wrasses but I hesitate and my last wrasse went carpet surfing

Put a mesh lid on it :)

lorenz0
10-23-2010, 06:46 AM
potters angel, one of the coolest fish I have ever owned and has a cool little personality