PDA

View Full Version : ok this is wierd

globaldesigns
10-21-2010, 10:03 PM
I have some old Koralia mounts, basically took the mounts of some old powerheads and I use them in my tank to create secure points for aquascaping rock. Well I have one on the overflow, so the opposite piece is within the overflow. Get this, I noticed on the front of the overflow that the magnet was loose, basically I lifted it right off, no magnetic attraction to the other side. So I look in my overflow and the other side isn't there.

What the FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!! I don't get it, it was there, now it is gone. Just wanted to let you know, I can't explain this. When the fixture lights come on, I will look again, but already looked with mirrors on top, so I can see outside the tank, as it is in the corner of a wall. Very wierd!

Wingin It
10-21-2010, 11:58 PM
lol...wierd indeed. Must be leprechauns!

Delphinus
10-22-2010, 01:34 AM
It's gotta be in there somewhere, just blending in. Take another magnet, tape it to some twine or something, and go fishing ... I betcha ya find it :)

kien
10-22-2010, 02:25 AM
You've got quite the clean up crew there!

lobsterboy
10-22-2010, 03:13 AM
:new-alie:

Ross
10-22-2010, 05:15 AM
gnomes perhaps...

globaldesigns
10-22-2010, 05:19 AM
I have dropped the magnets before in the overflows, when removing powerheads for cleaning. I have a coat hanger just for that purpose for retreaving the other side. when lights are on, nothing, used coat hanger and went fishing, if it was in there, it would pick it up.

I must have a great clean up crew, or I am going insane/senile/just plain crazy!!! I don't see why I would remove one side and not the other.

Hmmmmm, just don't know. Now I have the mounting side of the magnet, but not the other, go figure.

fishoholic
10-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Weird! :silly: