PDA

View Full Version : Vacation

scar_11
10-21-2010, 10:00 PM
I am going on Vacation in a bit and want to have everything set up so when I leave I don't have to worry about the tank.
I would like to get a controller for my tank so that the light and powerheads turn on at certain times Can people suggest a good controller that will not break the bank?

Bloodasp
10-21-2010, 10:11 PM
If it were me I wouldn't change anything in my tank within a few days of going on vacation. You have everything set up and running just right the way it is. Adding anything which you later find out while you are away is not dialed in right will just cause more trouble.

scar_11
10-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Not leaving for 6 weeks I figure if I get something now I have time to work out the bugs before I leave. also my lights are not on timers now so I sort of need to do something

freezetyle
10-21-2010, 10:46 PM
If you jut want it to turn your lights on and off why not just get a powerbar with a timer on it? Depending on what fish you have and what powerhead, a fish might just swim into it when its off and get mauled when the timer turns it on. rare, but it happens. Most controllers will do what your asking. I guess its just a question of how much you want to incorporate it later on down the road