PDA

View Full Version : MP40 owners

tidal_waters
10-19-2010, 04:58 AM
I was just able to finally get my vortech into my new 75 gallon and wanted to open it up a bit and was wondering, at 100% how loud does yours get and also is heating up an issue?

Thanks

viperfish
10-19-2010, 05:02 AM
I have two of the MP40w ES pumps running, the noise is noticeable but not really loud just a constant humming. If I run in NTM or short pulse is is more obvious. As far as heat is concerned, mine get warm to the touch but that's about it.

Rbacchiega
10-19-2010, 05:03 AM
never had mine at 100% because of the ultra fine sand....but had it up around 80 with a nice wave going. Noise wasn't an issue...just be sure to have the rubber thingermajig on the dry side set to the proper thickness of the glass (should be 1/4") and make sure the wet and dry side are aligned. Heat shouldn't be an issue at all as the motor is outside of the tank.

Lance
10-19-2010, 05:05 AM
I find they are a little noisy only at 100%. I run mine at about 80% and you can't hear them unless you put your ear up to them.

marie
10-19-2010, 05:54 AM
I have mine on short pulse mode to create a wave and you can definitely hear them......kinda soothing in a way :lol:

When I have company coming over I switch them to reef mode....much quieter

mike31154
10-19-2010, 09:20 PM
I run mine in TSM at about 80% and the noise is not too bad. Each one seems to have a slightly different sound, my older one maybe a shade louder. As far as heat goes, mine never get what I would call hot. Should not be a worry anyhow since they have a thermal sensor in the dry side that will shut it down automatically if the temperature limit is exceeded. All that money we pay for these goes towards some pretty useful design elements that a less costly pump does not have.

Fellow
10-19-2010, 09:37 PM
I run my mp40 around 75% on a mix of Lagoon/ Reef Crest.

It is by far the loudest item on my tank with its constant drone.