PDA

View Full Version : my clown jumps out!!! "die"

jhoepopoy
10-19-2010, 01:46 AM
hey guys help me how to prevent clowns jump out on the aquarium?
it happen for me 2 times!! pls give an idea how to avoid clowns jumps out!!!
running for 4 months

RIP >>>> buddy

30g
rocks
filter
skimmer
4 different damsel
1 blck clownfish
4 hermit crab
6 or more approx snail
1 Lawnmower Blennies

thanks

Ross

Wayne
10-19-2010, 01:58 AM
Glass top avaliable at most LFS. Sorry about the loss :(

jhoepopoy
10-19-2010, 02:07 AM
were do i find this kind of glass @ wayne

Milad
10-19-2010, 02:09 AM
glass tops suck
look at my sig, click the link there is a post i made about a screen top, works like a charm
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=526455&postcount=60

jhoepopoy
10-19-2010, 02:28 AM
hey millad thanks for the help!!!

cale262
10-19-2010, 02:54 AM
I use Egg Crate, you can pick it up at any hardware store, Rona, Home Depot, etc...

jhoepopoy
10-19-2010, 03:45 AM
thnks guys for the help!!

BlueTang<3
10-19-2010, 03:53 AM
Ever get to the reason of the clown jumping? They are not the usual candidate for jumping. Do the damsels pick on them at all or are the clowns so close in size when you add them they are battling. Seems to me they might be trying to hide from something.

globaldesigns
10-19-2010, 04:36 AM
I wish my maroon clown would commit kamakaze... I hate him... DIE DIE DIE you B A S T A R D

mike31154
10-19-2010, 05:03 AM
Ever get to the reason of the clown jumping? They are not the usual candidate for jumping. Do the damsels pick on them at all or are the clowns so close in size when you add them they are battling. Seems to me they might be trying to hide from something.

+1 on this, clowns are not your typical jumpers. Only carpet surfer I've had is a Lawnmower Blenny. Seems to me the clown is outnumbered by the other damsels (clowns are in the damsel family by the way) and they may both have jumped to get away from the harassment. Damsels are very territorial and it's usually around lights out time that the battle for a place to roost can cause problems. In a smaller tank the territory is limited and with that many damsels competing for a sleeping spot..... well.

Ha, ha and globaldesigns, I have a Maroon pair, they're bad ass and I love it. No wimpy percs or occ or whatever for me. Actually I probably have one of the more tolerant females from what I've seen, she's only taken a hit at my hand a couple of times and never drew blood. Although, she may well have been the reason one of my Lawnmower Blennies took the leap....

jhoepopoy
10-19-2010, 02:36 PM
i think your right!!! btw thanks

+1 on this, clowns are not your typical jumpers. Only carpet surfer I've had is a Lawnmower Blenny. Seems to me the clown is outnumbered by the other damsels (clowns are in the damsel family by the way) and they may both have jumped to get away from the harassment. Damsels are very territorial and it's usually around lights out time that the battle for a place to roost can cause problems. In a smaller tank the territory is limited and with that many damsels competing for a sleeping spot..... well.

Ha, ha and globaldesigns, I have a Maroon pair, they're bad ass and I love it. No wimpy percs or occ or whatever for me. Actually I probably have one of the more tolerant females from what I've seen, she's only taken a hit at my hand a couple of times and never drew blood. Although, she may well have been the reason one of my Lawnmower Blennies took the leap....

reefwars
10-19-2010, 03:16 PM

would also add that if water conditions arent favorable or liveable they can jump or try to get to better conditions........i too have a clown i wish would jump lol its a pair of cinnamon clowns the female is very aggressive and has taken chunks out of my soft flesh many many times....mean little bugger:) hummm this makes me want to start a thread hehehe stay tuned :)

jhoepopoy
10-20-2010, 05:46 PM
thanks for the help guys i bought a egg create....

Rogue951
10-20-2010, 06:03 PM
thanks for the help guys i bought a egg create....

in a 30 gallon tank I would DEFINITELY get rid of the damsels.
Your clowns can still die from hitting the crate and knocking themselves out.

I have a 40 gallon breeder with 4 O. clowns, 2 firefish, 4 anthias and one allens damsel no one ever jumps. The damsel is pretty peaceful after he gets used to everyone. but no one has ever tried to jump.
However having had other damsels before which were a lot more agressive, they chased clowns around till I removed them.

skabooya
10-20-2010, 08:17 PM
I had a clown jump. poor guy. What i did was build frames that would go around my tank without obstructing my light, in tank skimmer and wires. Then i stapled craft mesh to the top of the frame. I can easily remove the front frame to feed and do quick cleaning without disturbing anything else in the tank. If i want to to a big cleaning i can remove both frames. They are super light and easy to move around

jhoepopoy
10-20-2010, 08:45 PM
1 yellowetail
1 blue damsel
1 three spot domino
1 yellow

1 black clownfish