PDA

View Full Version : SPS growth rate question.

spawn
10-17-2010, 01:31 AM
What are considered good growth rates for Acro's, on an average kinda scale?

Aquattro
10-17-2010, 01:59 AM
It varies a lot between species. You an get an inch or more a month on some, and maybe that much in a year on others. It usually seems that the most colorful expensive oes take forever :)

lorenz0
10-17-2010, 03:46 AM
^^^
totally. what types of acro's are you wondering about?

daniella3d
10-17-2010, 07:58 PM
yep, and they are the first to go if something goes bad...Murphey's law :)

It varies a lot between species. You an get an inch or more a month on some, and maybe that much in a year on others. It usually seems that the most colorful expensive oes take forever :)

spawn
10-18-2010, 02:38 AM
I'm not really sure of all the kinds I have, I posted some pics of my tank a few days ago. They all seem to be happy, they've all started to grow bases onto the rocks, & some new branches. I just wonder what the best way to get really good growth is?

lorenz0
10-18-2010, 02:57 AM
patience

Alot of sps will start growing a solid base before they blow up with branches

ScubaSteve
10-18-2010, 04:31 AM
I'm not really sure of all the kinds I have, I posted some pics of my tank a few days ago. They all seem to be happy, they've all started to grow bases onto the rocks, & some new branches. I just wonder what the best way to get really good growth is?

Best way to get maximum growth is to just give them what they need and some time. Make sure your calc, alk, pH are on spot and that your nitrates and phosphates are low. Nitrates and phosphates will inhibit growth and give you the ol' brown sps.