PDA

View Full Version : Kole Tang With White Spot

MMAX
10-16-2010, 02:34 AM
Had a Kole in my tank now for about a month, everything seemed fine. He ate everything I gave him--frozen brine shrimp, flake, algae sheets. I had my hands in the tank last night doing some maintenance, checked out the tank today and noticed him rubbing himself on the glass. Upon further investigation I noticed he's covered in tiny white spots. I know tangs are famous for white spot and I figure he's this way due to stress from my cleaning. Should I just let him be and hope he clears up on hs own? What are the chances of him passing on the spots to his tank mates (clowns, gobies)?

Coleus
10-16-2010, 03:28 AM
If this happens to me, I would start soaking food in garlic and feed him. Some other ppl will advise you to take the fish out and treat him with copper but i think this will add more stress on him. Your water already have ick so likely your clowns and gobies will get it too but they may not if their immune system are good. Ick does not kill the fish fast so you got time to treat and observe him.

Make sure it is not velvet. If it is then you need to take all fishes out and treat it with copper right away. Good luck

MMAX
10-16-2010, 09:33 PM
Thanks for your reply but was I just seeing things??? Before I went to bed my male clown had what looked like ich too, just one spot. Just got back from work and checked the tank out. Everyone's fine, swimming around and happy. Too weird and one big relief.

MMAX
10-25-2010, 02:19 PM
The Kole seemed to be fine, swimming around and eating everything I gave him. In the last 2 weeks he started to loose weight particularily in the head area (HLLE?) and his color faded. Yesterday I found him dead. Anybody have any ideas what could have went wrong?

daniella3d
10-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Could be so many things. cyanide poison (organe failure), internal parasites, internal infection. Hard to tell without a more in deep analysis.

When a fish is eating well and still losing weight I always suspect internal parasites. Did you feed it enough?

I had a yellow tang that was fed 3 times per day at the LFS and was only skin and bone. Once I got it I put a sheet of nori each day all day long and fed it 10 times per days and only after a few weeks of this that he finaly gained weight. They can eat a lot!

The Kole seemed to be fine, swimming around and eating everything I gave him. In the last 2 weeks he started to loose weight particularily in the head area (HLLE?) and his color faded. Yesterday I found him dead. Anybody have any ideas what could have went wrong?