PDA

View Full Version : how to get a clown to stop hosting??

reefwars
10-13-2010, 01:35 PM
so i have a pair of cinnamon clowns and since ive removed their nem they have been quite friendly with my red/green brain the brain is quite large but it seems they are getting more aggresive towards it and yesterday for the first day ever my brain wasnt looking good.this morning my brain is nice and plump again but as soon as the lights came on they ran right over and started rubbing against it. short of removing my brain is there anyother way to get him to stop?? ive been thinking a mirror laid next to the brain would prob lead their attention elsewhere??:) thanks

edikpok
10-13-2010, 02:48 PM
My clowns host my brain as well but it doesn't seem to affect the brain as long as I feed it once a week with mysis shrimps. I actually find it kinda cool. They also sleep underneath the brain in a hole that they burrowed.

reefwars
10-13-2010, 03:11 PM
The part that bothers me the most is if left untouched my brain gets really big during the day and takes on a nice shape, when the clowns get into it changes shape a bit, I'm sure my brain will adjust :):)

edikpok
10-13-2010, 03:21 PM
I am sure it will. At first it looked as if they were biting the brain but it didn't mind it at all and they actually protect it from anybody else...make sure you feed it thou!

globaldesigns
10-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Have fun trying!!!

My extremely DUMB maroon clown hosts to a open brain, to fuzzy mushrooms and to many other things. I hate this thing, as he keeps switching and then using his tail to clean around whatever he is hosting to. He creates quite a sand storm, also uses his mouth as a shovel to move sand. He has cleaned areas right down to the bottom glass.

I now have things, like the brain, off the sand to keep him from hosting. He does now stay away from it, as he can't clean around as it is on rocks. But now the Open Brain doesn't like where it is. Never really inflating anymore.

I have tried to catch the best, but no success! I have even resorted to using a wooden skewer to stab the #$@$@#$@