PDA

View Full Version : Help! Cloudy tank, skimmer is crazy and maybe some ich!

bryceschutte
10-13-2010, 06:56 AM
So I came home tonight and my water is cloudy. Not so much that you cant see the rock but significantly cloudy. My skimmer is going crazy. There was a 3 inch thick layer of bubbles in my sump. 1 fish looks like it has ich? But the rest seem fine. ANy ideas?

Coleus
10-13-2010, 07:00 AM
no idea but you better do some water change quick. Are you overdosing alk in your tank any chance? anything broken?

lockrookie
10-13-2010, 07:07 AM
mine did the same tonight my breaker popped and when i restarted skimmer overflowed(i have to remember to unplug skimmer when this happens) so all the crud returned to the tank. i have skimmer off atm and wil be doing a water change shortly i just find if i turnthe skimmer on fora bit and over flow it int a pop bottle eventually it clears itself.. just alot of work. but if you can do a water change it will help.

mr_alberta
10-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Get some new saltwater ready and run lots of carbon (preferably through a filter or reactor of some sort). Your fish probably have a little bit of ick now just from the stress.

bryceschutte
10-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Water change done. Seemed to help a bit. Going to run some carbon today. Thanks for the tips.

edikpok
10-13-2010, 02:42 PM
+1 on the carbon and water change! Also check the temp of the water. Last time my water was cloudy it was because the temp climbed up to 91 degree due to heater failure, which killed many of my soft corals....

Skimmerking
10-13-2010, 05:23 PM
do you have a clam in your tank could be the reason it did that..... I know that my Trocheus snails give off alot of white stuff ,.... trying to reproduce...

lots of water and carbon