PDA

View Full Version : Any local businesses interested in being interviewed for a college marketing project?

Megalodon
10-12-2010, 01:12 AM
I'm a 34-year-old mature student who just went back to Kwantlen this September after not being in school in 13 years. (I graduated from their journalism program in 1997.) I'm now working on a Bachelor's Degree in Technology and taking some first-year business and marketing courses along the way.

In our Small Business Essentials course, our third and final project is working in a group of seven students to do a report on a local small business (less than 100 employees.) Involvement would require the business owner meeting with us for a one-hour interview, and taking a several follow-up phone calls. We would ask questions like "How did you get into this business?" and "Did you have a business plan?" No specific financial or other sensitive information is needed. We would be more interested in how forecasts and budgets are prepared as opposed to recording down exact figures. You wouldn't have to do anything yourself. This is only a detailed business report with a live presentation we will do ourselves to our class.

We need to submit a written summary to the professor October 20 in order to obtain his approval. This means once you agree, and my fellow students agree, our professor must also agree as well.

Any small local business in the Greater Vancouver area, either in the reef hobby or not, please contact me, either by PM or posting in this thread. Any questions please feel free to ask.