PDA

View Full Version : 34Gallon Cube setup !

reef_to_reef
10-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Welcome !

Hey, I thought I would share my 34gallon tank with everyone ! Just to give a little bit of history, I currently have a custom built all glass 90Gallon frag tank I started off with a acrylic frag tank and soon switched to glass. Along with the frag tank I have a 80gallon all SPS I have had this tank up and running for a few years now and is doing great ! My dad got into the hobby when I started and he just started to build his own tank a 200gallon, I am helping out as much as I can but he likes to have things his way :P I then came across this beautiful 34gallon tank for a great price so I had to buy it, it is a 34gallon solana that came with stock wood stand,150watt MH light and tank.

Tank Specifications:

• -Aquarium Dimensions: 20"x20"x20" Current USA Solana 34g Solana and Solana Stand
• -Light: I am still using the stock 150watt Metal halide pendant with a 150watt 14k SPS bulb, aswell I have Royal blue LED's setup along the back and sides
• -Cooling System: I am using a large computer fan that was re-wired and mounted on the back, works great and cost 0$ :D
• -Protein Skimmer: I am still using the stock skimmer, I did a mod on it and has never been better ( I will provide pics )
• -Powerhead: Currently I am using a Vortech MP10

LiveStock:

• -pair of ocellaris clownfish
• -cleaner shirmp, peperment shrimp
• -Snails etc.

Future Plans:

• -change the light to custom T5HO fixture
• -add chaeto fuge
• -DIY auto top off

Chamber's:
( left to right)

• -filter floss/skimmer/heater
• -filter floss/bioballs/chemipure
• -return pump

I have had this tank going for 1.5months, I transfered Live rock/water and sand from a older tank I shutdown. I would have started this thred from the start but I was to excited :p It is only going to get better from here !

Thanks for looking! also there will be pictures for the progress from now on! Hope you Enjoy !!

reef_to_reef
10-12-2010, 01:17 AM
Just did a little water change tonight, I will be posting pics tomorrow of the setup etc c:

Nebthet
10-12-2010, 07:39 AM
Sweet.. Can't wait to see some pix.