PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with Green Corris Wrasse experience?

PoonTang
10-10-2010, 05:25 AM
I am looking for anyone with experience with these fish as I am thinking about getting 1 to deal with my pyramid snails.

Borderjumper
10-10-2010, 06:05 AM
I had one.. And he got huge! I never had a bristle worm in my tank as long as I had that wrasse. He also ate any snail he could fit into his mouth.. And those that didn't quite fit he would pick up and bash against the rocks until they fit.

That fish was constantly on patrol looking for things to eat. The only drag was him burying in the sand. He was probably 8" when I took him to the LFS as his sand storms were wrecking one of my pumps.

nice fish and if I were to find a small one I would get one again.

paddyob
10-10-2010, 06:11 AM
My six line wrasse completely eliminated all pyramid (spelling?) snails in my tank.

And he has a wicked personality... greets me at the glass with a side twist motion. It is pretty funny.

And I think he is a great looking fish!

don.ald
10-10-2010, 01:48 PM
tried green corris twice. both times they jumped out of my tank. the ones i had were quite small, (they do grow large) and they managed to jump through the eggcrate! while i had them they worked hard and hunted ...

Leah
10-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Had mine in QT along with a yellow coris wrasse and another fish.. can't remember what it was. But he did not make it out of QT, but the other two were perfectly fine. He was the larger one of the bunch. Poor shippers maybe?