PDA

View Full Version : featherduster worms

three dawgs
12-03-2003, 12:06 AM
How does one get rid of these in a reef aquarium. I hear a butterfly fish does this but will also eat other polyps. Any ideas. Wife HATES these in the tank

Buccaneer
12-03-2003, 12:27 AM
A Copper Banded Butterfly is reef safe and will wipe out any feather duster in the tank :cool:

Aquattro
12-03-2003, 12:35 AM
Or you could explain to wife that they are a normal part of a tank and to deal with it. JMO.

three dawgs
12-03-2003, 12:40 AM
but will the copper band eat anything else?

dekay
12-03-2003, 12:46 AM
I think peppermint shrimps will also eat them.

Buccaneer
12-03-2003, 12:54 AM
but will the copper band eat anything else?

Eats Brine shrimp and Mysis shrimp in bunches :razz: ... like I said he is reef safe cause I have softies, LPS and SPS and he has not touched a single coral ... great tankmate too as they are really peacefull

Cheers

EmilyB
12-03-2003, 01:10 AM
Try an urchin first, perhaps a tuxedo. And I know there are other things that eat them.

Ah yes, some report that peppermint shrimp eat them. That makes sense since both peppermints and CBB tend to go after aiptasia as well.

andestang
12-03-2003, 01:51 AM
I've been wanting to try a copper band, but I have never tried a butterfly before - seem to be growing a liking for them. They are what I would give a try. I have read though that they may pick at snail tentacles.

Buccaneer
12-03-2003, 04:41 AM
I've been wanting to try a copper band, but I have never tried a butterfly before - seem to be growing a liking for them. They are what I would give a try. I have read though that they may pick at snail tentacles.

Well I must admit I dont have much for snails in my tank ... 2 Fighting Conch's and 2 turbos ( I think ? ) ... the CBB does not even notice them unless they accidentally flip over but they are very wise to those moves now and no problems at all ... surprisingly that in a 300G there is no nuissance algae to speak of ( the odd hair algae tuft every now and then ) but I think that the Algae Blenny, Yellow Tang and Foxface keep all algaes under control :cool:

Cheers