PDA

View Full Version : Anyone mount a Tunze to the Eurobracing?

Delphinus
10-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Just looking at the round style Tunzes and their magnets and was wondering if anyone's tried mounting them under Eurobracing? Or is it too close to the surface and you might get air sucked into the vortex?

Was just wondering how you could have one of these at the front of the tank without having the magnet on the front of the tank.

lastlight
10-05-2010, 10:31 PM
I tried Tony and yeah it was too close to the surface in my last tank.

christyf5
10-05-2010, 10:53 PM
I tried Tony and yeah it was too close to the surface in my last tank.

+1

Delphinus
10-05-2010, 11:35 PM
Bummer. Ok scratch that idea then. Thanks!

Has anyone attempted a DIY mount like the old style brackets could attach to Eurobracing? I'm wondering if something like PoonTang's nori feeder could work, instead of a tube to wrap nori around though, just a flat piece of acrylic the magnet can sandwich (or even just glue the C bracket to and do away with the magnet altogether).

Oh! The possibilities - if only I didn't suck at acrylic fabrication.

Doug
10-06-2010, 01:15 AM
On one of my tanks Tony, I first siliconed the vertical bracket to the glass where I wanted it and that was it. Worked good.

lastlight
10-06-2010, 03:13 AM
Tony I know I've described one potential plan of mine for my next tank. I want to attach vertical supports into my canopy that extend downwards into the water. Not sure what material they'd be but could be 2x4s attached to your joists above and then before they reach the water some sort of reef safe material. Acrlic rod. thick acrylic plate I dunno. This would go under the water and the Tunze mounts to it. You strap the cable to the support so it's barely in the water. This allows you to place the pump out from the bracing if you want.

I think the most appealing part is that there is no vibrations transferred to the glass. You could mount the 2x4s to the joists with some thick mat between to dampen those vibrations.

PoonTang
10-06-2010, 04:44 AM
Bummer. Ok scratch that idea then. Thanks!

Has anyone attempted a DIY mount like the old style brackets could attach to Eurobracing? I'm wondering if something like PoonTang's nori feeder could work, instead of a tube to wrap nori around though, just a flat piece of acrylic the magnet can sandwich (or even just glue the C bracket to and do away with the magnet altogether).

Oh! The possibilities - if only I didn't suck at acrylic fabrication.

Tony, if you want I could put in a extra bracket with you and Brett's Nori feeders when I send them out. Let me know. Oh, and Brett PM me the EB thickness's and we'll get this rolling now that I'm home.

lastlight
10-06-2010, 08:03 AM
Yeah sorry I forgot to get back to you on that. For now I'm going to hold off on the brackets as I still haven't even got my lone tang interested in nori...and he's the only tang I'll put in this tank.