PDA

View Full Version : FS - 4" Dwarf Fuzzy Lionfish - Calgary SE

FishyFishy!
10-05-2010, 06:33 PM
I'm changing my FOWLR tank to a reef setup soon here, so seeing as how this cute little guy is not reef compatable, he is up for sale. He is very healthy, and eats like a pig when allowed. Beautiful coloration, and awesome blue eyes. About 4" in length.

Located in Douglasdale SE, Calgary.

Call 403-608-2245 or PM.

$40.00

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c38/bilmaga/IMG_1045.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c38/bilmaga/IMG_1042.jpg

Coleus
10-05-2010, 07:09 PM
he is so cute, it is hard to believe he is not reef compatable. What can he do?

FishyFishy!
10-05-2010, 07:42 PM
He can't destroy a reef, but he can eat away at your corals, inverts and smaller reef fish. Not sure if this particular guy will, but i'm not willing to take the chance.

corpusse
10-05-2010, 08:48 PM
He can't destroy a reef, but he can eat away at your corals, inverts and smaller reef fish. Not sure if this particular guy will, but i'm not willing to take the chance.

There is a ZERO percent chance your lionfish eats corals. They are not part of its diet. They also will not eat snails and probably not hermits.

They will eat any shrimp that can fit inside their mouth and may eat small fish, but may not.

I've had mine in my reef for a couple of years and he eats (frozen food) with my much smaller clownfish and doesn't go after my tiny mandarin.

Coleus
10-05-2010, 08:59 PM
does he take frozen food or pellets?

Llamarama
10-05-2010, 09:56 PM
My dwarf is a very nice reef member never touched anything or eaten a fish. But maybe I just got lucky

FishyFishy!
10-06-2010, 02:00 AM
HHHMMM... well this is just from what i've read. Anyone else have any opinions on wether they are reef safe?

He is on frozen mysis shrimp, and the occasional pellet if he so chooses to eat them.

gregb.
10-06-2010, 02:46 AM
I don't have a Fuzzy Dwarf,I have another Dwarf Lionfish,great reef member.I believe that things only small enough to fit in His/Her mouth would get eaten.Mine loves Mysis shrimp and seems to be happy swimming around posing all day.Awesome fish,I would keep it.Cheers Greg